By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: State will challenge Governor’s move on Calicut University V-C appointment: Higher Education Minister R. Bindu
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » State will challenge Governor’s move on Calicut University V-C appointment: Higher Education Minister R. Bindu

India News

State will challenge Governor’s move on Calicut University V-C appointment: Higher Education Minister R. Bindu

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: November 5, 2025 12:14 pm
India Times Now Desk
Published: November 5, 2025
Share
SHARE


Higher Education Minister R. Bindu has said that the State government will pursue legal measures against Governor and Chancellor of universities Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar’s decision to “unilaterally” notify the appointment process for the Vice-Chancellor of Calicut University.

The Minister, who addressed a press conference here on Wednesday, alleged the move constitutes an encroachment upon the powers of the government. “The issuance of the notification by the Governor was wrong and against the spirit of federalism. It marks yet another misuse of power by forces aligned with the Sangh Parivar,” she added.

Dr. Bindu also accused Raj Bhavan of overstepping its constitutional boundaries and attempting to undermine the government’s authority. She also alleged that such interference reflects a growing misuse of power.

Pointing out that previous Governors had maintained neutrality, the Minister said, “No Governor had shown such bias in the past. The pattern of open political intervention began only after (the previous Governor) Arif Mohammed Khan assumed the office, and it has only intensified since then.”

Published – November 05, 2025 05:44 pm IST



Source link

I am deeply pained, did not want confrontation: Basavaraj Horatti on resigning as Legislative Council Chairman
Harish objects to CM’s language and questions commitment
Minister Nagendra reviews drought-hit areas in Sandur, promises relief for affected farmers
New office-bearers elected for Madras Bar Association
Ensuring clean environment to the next generation is everyone’s responsibility, says KSPCB chairman
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

72-ft-tall national flag installed at Kannur Military Station

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
March 7, 2026
DMK, TVK cadre clash at Kumbakonam over distribution of pamphlets resembling coupons
Matka King trailer out now: Vijay Varma turns gambler in Nagraj Manjule crime saga | Watch
Each Minister handles his responsibility, says Piyush Goyal on trade deal, Russian oil
HPZ token scam case: CBI files charge sheet against two Chinese nationals
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?