By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Pune-based gangster Ghaywal is in London, confirms U.K. High Commission
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Pune-based gangster Ghaywal is in London, confirms U.K. High Commission

India News

Pune-based gangster Ghaywal is in London, confirms U.K. High Commission

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: October 30, 2025 3:25 am
India Times Now Desk
Published: October 30, 2025
Share
SHARE


The British High Commission in India has confirmed that fugitive gangster Nilesh Ghaywal is in London on a ‘visitor’ visa, and also informed the U.K. authorities back home about the revocation of his passport, police said.

The Pune police had suspected that city-based Ghaywal, wanted in multiple cases including murder and extortion, was in the United Kingdom. Hence, they contacted the British High Commission seeking his detention and deportation.

The gangster is believed to have fled India by fraudulently obtaining a passport.

The Pune police have already issued a lookout notice for Ghaywal and sought a blue corner notice through Interpol.

“We have received a reply from the High Commission. They have confirmed that Ghaywal is in London and is currently on a visitor visa. They also confirmed that he is in London to see his son,” Deputy Commissioner of Police Sambhaji Kadam said on Wednesday.

“The High Commission has also told us in the mail that they have informed the department concerned in the UK that Ghaywal’s passport has been revoked by Indian agencies,” he added.

A few days before he disappeared, a case had been registered against Ghaywal in Pune after his associates allegedly shot and injured a person in the Kothrud area here following a road rage incident on September 18.

Earlier, a police official on Tuesday said, “We believe that Ghaywal has gone to the U.K. as his son lives there. We have now written to the British High Commission in India and sought information about how he managed to obtain a visa, how long he has been staying in the UK, what type of visa he has obtained and the expiry date of the permit.”

The city police had also sought details about Ghaywal’s location in the U.K., which university his son is studying at and who is financing his education, he said.

Published – October 30, 2025 08:55 am IST



Source link

RPF constable injured in accidental firing in J&K’s Kathua
Indore water contamination: Six dead, more than 200 hospitalised, says collector
State honours for Bharathiraja’s funeral; tributes pour in from political leaders
Student accused in NEET paper leak case can sit for June 21 re-exam, says court
154 YouTube videos, 703 Insta reels linked to Badshah’s song ‘Tateeree’ removed: Haryana Police
TAGGED:fugitive gangster Nilesh Ghaywal.Ghaywal is in LondonNilesh GhaywalPune-based gangster Ghaywal
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Edappadi K. Palaniswami, the lone star of AIADMK election campaign, steps up his pitch for power

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
April 8, 2026
Plas Johnson, legendary saxophonist behind the iconic The Pink Panther theme, dies at 94
Vajpayee practised value-based politics: BJP
Kumaraswamy announces ₹25 lakh and a job for kin of Visakhapatnam steel plant blast victims
Poet and newsreader Erode Tamilanban is no more
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?