By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: NEET aspirant death case: Forensic report of student’s clothes finds traces of semen, two police officials suspended
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » NEET aspirant death case: Forensic report of student’s clothes finds traces of semen, two police officials suspended

India News

NEET aspirant death case: Forensic report of student’s clothes finds traces of semen, two police officials suspended

Times Desk
Last updated: January 25, 2026 4:01 am
Times Desk
Published: January 25, 2026
Share
SHARE


Jan Suraaj founder Prashant Kishor meets the family members in connection with the suspicious death of a NEET aspirant in a girl's hostel, in Jehanabad. File

Jan Suraaj founder Prashant Kishor meets the family members in connection with the suspicious death of a NEET aspirant in a girl’s hostel, in Jehanabad. File
| Photo Credit: ANI

Police investigating the NEET aspirant death case in Patna on Sunday (January 25, 2026) said forensic report of the student’s clothes has detected traces of semen, a finding that suggests sexual assault of the girl.

Police will obtain a DNA profile from the traces of semen detected in the forensic report, officials said.

In another development in the case, Patna Police late Saturday (January 24, 2026) night suspended Hemant Jha, Additional Officer-in-Charge of Kadamkuan Police station and the Officer-in-Charge of Chitragupt Nagar police station, Sub-Inspector, Roshni Kumari, on charges of dereliction of duty in the case.

The 18-year-old aspirant and a resident of Jehanabad, who was preparing for the medical entrance exam NEET, was found unconscious in the room of Shambhu Girls Hostel in Patna’s Chitragupt Nagar earlier this month.

She was staying at the private hostel to take coaching for the examination. She died at a private hospital on January 11, 2026 after remaining in a coma for days. Her family had alleged that she was sexually assaulted, accusing authorities of attempting a cover-up. A Special Investigation Team (SIT) is investigating the case.

A statement issued by the SSP office said, “The forensic report of the student’s clothes, which she wore at the time of hospitalisation, detected traces of semen in the leggings. These clothes were provided by the family members of the victim on January 10 and further police sent these clothes for forensic examination. Now, SIT, investigating the case, will obtain a DNA profile from the semen detected in the scientific report. It will also be matched with the DNA profile of the accused arrested in the and also with the suspects”.

The post-mortem report of the deceased had highlighted injuries to her private parts and nail abrasions on her body.

Her death led to massive protests in Patna, following which the police arrested the owner of the girls’ hostel. The initial findings of the doctors had concluded that the death occurred because she had consumed a large number of sleeping pills, and that she was also suffering from typhoid.

However, the post-mortem report of the girl concluded that ‘sexual violence can’t be ruled out’ as a reason behind the incident.

Though her family had initially alleged assault and sexual abuse, police maintained that medical reports and CCTV footage ruled out this.

“Doctors found no signs of sexual assault and said she had consumed a large quantity of sleeping pills and was suffering from typhoid”, Patna police had claimed in a statement issued on January 13, 2026.

The five-member medical board of the Patna-AIIMS, reviewing the post-mortem report and other circumstances related to the death of NEET aspirant on Saturday (January 24, 2026) maintained that the SIT, investigating the case, “has not provided all crucial documents to it so far”.

Talking to reporters in Patna on Saturday (January 25, 2026), head of the medical board, Dr. Binay Kumar (Professor-Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, AIIMS) said, “We have not been provided all crucial documents related to the case by the SIT so far… on the basis of which we can draw a conclusion or give our opinion on the case. Documents which have been provided by the SIT to the board, are not sufficient enough…..we are still waiting for some more crucial documents. The SIT is already investigating the case and the Medical Board has also started examining the documents”.

He, however, refused to divulge details about the documents which have not been provided so far to the board.

Published – January 25, 2026 09:31 am IST



Source link

Pakistan living in ‘la la land’, says India at U.N. Human Rights Council in response to Islamabad’s J&K claims
Resilience must be built into everyday operations of companies, say experts
Two persons washed away in Palar river near Arakkonam
Class 10 Board exam results: Tamil Nadu records 94.3% pass rate
How do benefits of doing yoga in the morning differ from that in the evening
TAGGED:Bihar NEET aspirant deathneet aspirant deathneet aspirant death sit
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News
EntertainmentMovieMusic

2026 Oscars: 10 pointers you should know before Live streaming 98th Academy Awards

Times Desk
Times Desk
March 15, 2026
CPI’s 25th congress to be held in Chandigarh from September 21-25 
CeNS scientists make breakthrough in the development of eco-friendly batteries
Bareilly violence: Supreme Court declines to halt ‘illegal’ demolitions, asks residents to approach High Court
Naerly 5,000 trained in CPR
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?