
Health Minister Satya Kumar Yadav
Placing the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model at the centre of its healthcare expansion strategy, the Andhra Pradesh government has announced the establishment of multi-speciality hospitals in 61 constituencies in the first phase.
Replying to a question by Allagadda MLA Bhuma Akhila Priya and others during Question Hour in the Assembly on Wednesday, Medical and Health Minister Satya Kumar Yadav informed that the initiative reflected the coalition government’s belief that “every life is valuable,” and aimed at strengthening healthcare access across the State.
A comprehensive hospital upgradation policy was being formulated for constituencies where the existing facilities had fewer than 50 beds. The expansion would be aligned with local population requirements and disease burden.
Critical Care Blocks would also be set up wherever necessary to enhance emergency response capacity. Around 40 proposals had been received for upgrading secondary hospitals, including from Gannavaram, Kovur, and Kovvur. The government had already issued orders to upgrade 30-bed Community Health Centres at Mangalagiri and Pithapuram to 100 beds, and to expand the 50-bed hospital at Chintoor to 100 beds, he said.
Mr. Satya Kumar said that to bridge infrastructure gaps, construction works wer underway in 188 Area Hospitals and CHCs for ₹1,518.80 crore with NABARD assistance. Works worth ₹111 crore had been completed, and 60 projects were nearing completion, he said.
Additionally, 24 Critical Care Blocks, one in each district, were being built at an estimated ₹600 crore, with 14 in advanced stages. The State also plans to establish trauma centres in line with the Union government’s proposal to reduce road accident fatalities.
Published – February 18, 2026 11:48 pm IST


