By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Luxury car crash case: Shivam Mishra gets bail from Kanpur court
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Luxury car crash case: Shivam Mishra gets bail from Kanpur court

India News

Luxury car crash case: Shivam Mishra gets bail from Kanpur court

Times Desk
Last updated: February 12, 2026 10:55 am
Times Desk
Published: February 12, 2026
Share
SHARE


Shivam Mishra, centre, son of local tobacco baron K.K. Mishra, being produced at a court after his arrest in connection with the high-profile Lamborghini crash that left several people injured on the VIP Road earlier this week, in Kanpur, on February 12, 2026.

Shivam Mishra, centre, son of local tobacco baron K.K. Mishra, being produced at a court after his arrest in connection with the high-profile Lamborghini crash that left several people injured on the VIP Road earlier this week, in Kanpur, on February 12, 2026.
| Photo Credit: PTI

Shivam Mishra, son of local tobacco baron K.K. Mishra, got bail from a Court in Kanpur on Thursday (February 12, 2026), hours after his arrest in connection with the high-profile Lamborghini crash that left several people injured on the VIP Road earlier this week.

After his arrest, the police produced him before the court of the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate around 10 a.m., seeking 14 days’ judicial custody.

Anant Sharma, counsel for the accused, said the court did not allow it and instead granted him bail on a personal bond of ₹20,000.

Earlier, the police arrested Shivam Mishra, son of local tobacco baron K.K. Mishra, in connection with the high-profile Lamborghini crash that left several people injured on the VIP Road earlier this week, the police chief said.

The action came a day after a man claimed that he, and not Mr. Shivam Mishra, was driving the car at the time of the incident and went to the local court to surrender himself.

The Court, however, rejected his surrender plea after the police maintained its stand that it had evidence to establish Mr. Shivam Mishra was behind the wheel.

“He [Shivam Mishra] has been arrested and will be presented before the court,” Commissioner of Police Raghubir Lal told PTI on Thursday [February 12] morning.

Mr. Shivam Mishra was taken into custody from a hospital in Delhi where he was undergoing treatment for his alleged medical condition (as claimed by his family), an official said, requesting anonymity.

The 35-year-old was immediately taken to Kanpur to be produced before a court, the official added.

Lamborghini Revuelto, an Italian luxury sports car worth over ₹10 crore, rammed into pedestrians and vehicles in the upscale Gwaltoli area around 3 p.m. on Sunday (February 8).

Mohd Taufeeq, 18, an e-rickshaw driver injured in the crash, lodged a complaint in the matter. However, counsel for the accused later claimed that Mr. Taufeeq was not keen on pursuing legal action.

The police said that their preliminary probe, supported by CCTV footage and eyewitness accounts, indicated that the car was speeding before the collision.

Videos circulating on social media appear to show private security personnel pulling a man believed to be Mr. Mishra out of the driver’s seat immediately after the crash and then taking him away in another SUV.

The police had initially listed an “unidentified driver” in the First Information Report (FIR) as accused, but later amended it to name Mr. Shivam Mishra after preliminary evidence emerged.

In a hearing on Wednesday (February 11), a local court rejected the surrender application of an individual named Mohan Lal, who claimed he was driving the car at the time of the crash, on the grounds that his name was not in the FIR and evidence points to Mr. Shivam Mishra as the driver.

While the police have stood by their findings, Mr. Mishra’s father and his counsel have maintained that he was not driving the Lamborghini at the time of the accident.

They claimed that a hired driver was at the wheel, and that Mr. Shivam Mishra was unwell and suffered a medical episode during the ride — a condition his family says could have contributed to the mishap.

Mr. Shivam Mishra’s father also alleged that the car had experienced a technical issue prior to the crash. These assertions are expected to be examined as part of the ongoing investigation and potential medical and forensic evaluations, according to officials.

The high-profile case has drawn intense public scrutiny nationwide with many on social media alleging preferential treatment and delayed action by law enforcement following the crash.

Published – February 12, 2026 10:33 am IST



Source link

Raghu Rai didn’t just photograph India, he invented a way of seeing it
HC sets aside circular of RERA-Karnataka imposing ‘delay fee’ for submitting quarterly updates on approved real estate projects after deadline
2025 local body elections: SEC issues notification on the allocation of election symbols
Cabinet approves four more judges for Supreme Court
Cultural extravaganza mesmerises audience at Vijayawada Utsav
TAGGED:Gwaltoli areaLamborghini car crashLamborghini car crash causes multiple injuriesShivam Mishra arrestedtobacco baron son Shivam Mishra arrested
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Notice served on Union Minister Bandi Sanjay’s son in POCSO case

Times Desk
Times Desk
May 12, 2026
Watch: Congress leader and former Union Minister Shivraj Patil passes away
National Data Centre to be set up in Bengaluru
Senior leaders of NCP knew about the merger, says Jayant Patil
Mandya Deputy Commissioner reviews progress of construction of buildings for residential schools
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?