By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Unnao rape survivor to move Supreme Court against suspension of Sengar’s jail term
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Unnao rape survivor to move Supreme Court against suspension of Sengar’s jail term

India News

Unnao rape survivor to move Supreme Court against suspension of Sengar’s jail term

Times Desk
Last updated: December 24, 2025 8:31 am
Times Desk
Published: December 24, 2025
Share
SHARE


Delhi police detains the mother of Unnao rape case victim as she protest against the Delhi High Court’s order suspending the sentence of 2017 Unnao rape case accused, Kuldeep Singh Sengar, at India Gate in New Delhi on December 23, 2025.

Delhi police detains the mother of Unnao rape case victim as she protest against the Delhi High Court’s order suspending the sentence of 2017 Unnao rape case accused, Kuldeep Singh Sengar, at India Gate in New Delhi on December 23, 2025.
| Photo Credit: ANI

The 2017 Unnao rape case survivor on Wednesday (December 24, 2025) termed the Delhi High Court’s decision to suspend the jail term of expelled BJP leader Kuldeep Singh Sengar “kaal (death)” for her family and said that she would move the Supreme Court against it.

The High Court on Tuesday (December 23, 2025) suspended the sentence of Sengar, who is serving life imprisonment in the case, and ordered his release on bail pending the disposal of his appeal against his conviction by a trial court in December 2019.

Also read: The Hindu’s editorial on Sengar’s conviction

In its order, the High Court directed that Sengar shall not come within a 5-km radius of the victim’s residence and shall not threaten the survivor or her mother. It also said violation of the conditions would automatically lead to cancellation of bail.

Sengar, however, will remain in jail since he is also serving 10 years’ imprisonment in the custodial death case of the victim’s father and has not been granted bail in that case.

Reacting to the verdict, the survivor, who was a minor when she was kidnapped and raped by Sengar in 2017, told PTI over phone from Delhi that security for her family members, lawyers and witnesses had already been withdrawn and the court’s decision had deepened her fears.

“If the convict gets bail in cases like this, how will the country’s daughters remain safe? For us, this decision is no less than ‘kaal’ (death),” she said.

“Those with money win, those without money lose,” she rued.

The survivor, who was heading out with her mother to stage a protest near Mandi House against the verdict, added that she would challenge the High Court order in the Supreme Court.

The Unnao rape case and other connected cases were transferred from Uttar Pradesh to Delhi on the directions of the Supreme Court in August 2019.

Published – December 24, 2025 02:01 pm IST



Source link

India among five nations granted passage through Strait of Hormuz by Iran
Iran-Israel conflict: CBSE postpones Class 12 board exam in West Asia
Development and employment in NCR, home to eight crore people, must be balanced with the need for clean air, says Central pollution panel official The Commission for Air Quality Management in National Capital Region and Adjoining Areas (CAQM) member secretary talks about the shift of focus from farm fires to the transport sector and says the panel does not want to set air pollution targets, in an interview with The Hindu. Edited excerpts:
Congress appoints Vinay Kumar as new Himachal PCC chief
Ernakulam DDMA plans measures to prevent student drowning incidents
TAGGED:kuldeep singh sengar bailUnnao rape case updatesUnnao rape survivorUnnao rape survivor protest
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Mysuru police probe fake Facebook account linked to Kerala woman’s number used in cyberattack on K.C. Venugopal

Times Desk
Times Desk
November 13, 2025
The orthodontist who built a museum of cameras in Chennai
Mega job melas held under the aegis of SCCL
VSU Vice-Chancellor calls for youth-led movement against drugs
Full dress rehearsal of cultural performances, flypasts for Republic Day held at Kartavya Path
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?