By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Trump praises U.K. troops as ‘brave warriors’ after widespread condemnation
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Trump praises U.K. troops as ‘brave warriors’ after widespread condemnation

India News

Trump praises U.K. troops as ‘brave warriors’ after widespread condemnation

Times Desk
Last updated: January 25, 2026 10:34 am
Times Desk
Published: January 25, 2026
Share
SHARE


President Donald Trump speaks with reporters aboard Air Force One.

President Donald Trump speaks with reporters aboard Air Force One.
| Photo Credit: AP

U.S. President Donald ‌Trump on Saturday praised “brave” British soldiers, calling them warriors, a ​day after remarks he made about NATO troops in Afghanistan were described as “insulting and appalling” by Britain’s Prime Minister Keir Starmer.

Mr. Trump provoked widespread anger in Britain and across Europe after he said European troops had stayed off the front lines in Afghanistan.

Britain lost 457 service personnel in Afghanistan, its deadliest overseas war since the 1950s. ​For several of the war’s most intense years, it led ⁠the allied campaign in Helmand, Afghanistan’s biggest and most violent province, while also fighting as the main U.S. battlefield ally in Iraq.

“The GREAT and very BRAVE soldiers of ​the United Kingdom will always ⁠be with the United States of America!” Trump wrote on Truth Social. “In Afghanistan, 457 died, many were badly injured, and they were among the greatest of all warriors. It’s a bond too strong ‌to ever be broken.”

The Sun on Sunday newspaper reported ‌that King Charles’ concern over Mr. Trump’s initial remarks had been relayed to the President, who last year expressed his ‍admiration for the monarch during a state visit to Britain. Buckingham Palace declined to comment on the report.

Mr. Trump had also provoked an unusually strong ‍reaction from Mr. Starmer, who has tended to avoid direct criticism of the president in public.

The British leader’s office issued a statement to say the Prime Minister had spoken to the President on Saturday about the issue.

“The Prime Minister raised the brave and heroic British and American soldiers who fought side by side in Afghanistan, many of whom never returned home,” the statement said. “We must never forget their sacrifice,” he said.

Veterans ⁠in Britain and elsewhere have been lining up to condemn the U.S. President’s comments to Fox Business Network’s “Mornings with ​Maria” on Thursday in which he said that the U.S. “never ⁠needed” the transatlantic alliance and accused allies of staying “a little off the front lines” in Afghanistan.

Among them was King Charles’ younger son Prince Harry, who served two tours in Afghanistan .“Those sacrifices deserve to be spoken about truthfully and with respect,” he said ⁠in a statement.

Published – January 25, 2026 04:04 pm IST



Source link

Three Maoists killed in gunfight with security forces in Jharkhand’s Gumla
Two arrested in KPHB medical negligence case linked to death of 66-year-old woman
₹76.13-crore new wing inaugurated at Kundara Taluk Hospital
Central Corporation to take up heritage buildings beautification works
Civil society demands merger of Hanamkonda, Warangal districts; MLA Rajender Reddy extends support
TAGGED:donald trump comments on ukdonald trump on afghanistan wardonald trump on UK soldiers
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Rajnath Singh to inaugurate India’s first overseas Defence factory in Morocco

Times Desk
Times Desk
September 19, 2025
Rajya Sabha polls round up: Three of eleven seats up for grabs to see close fight
Centre for Heat Resilience in Tamil Nadu has a big roadmap: Supriya Sahu
India’s first commercial Quantum Computer to be deployed at IIIT- Dharwad: Minister Priyank Kharge
Delay in Vijay-starrer ‘Jana Nayagan’ release frustrates Tamil film industry
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?