By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Sukhbir Badal discharged from Nanded hospital a day after attack
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Sukhbir Badal discharged from Nanded hospital a day after attack

India News

Sukhbir Badal discharged from Nanded hospital a day after attack

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: August 14, 2026 9:36 am
India Times Now Desk
Published: August 14, 2026
Share
SHARE


Security personnel stand guard as Akali Dal chief and former Punjab deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal underwent treatment after he was attacked near a gurudwara, at Yashosai Hospital, in Nanded district, Maharashtra

Security personnel stand guard as Akali Dal chief and former Punjab deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal underwent treatment after he was attacked near a gurudwara, at Yashosai Hospital, in Nanded district, Maharashtra
| Photo Credit: PTI

Shiromani Akali Dal chief Sukhbir Singh Badal, who was attacked with a ‘kirpan’ inside a gurdwara and had to undergo surgery, was discharged from a hospital in Maharashtra’s Nanded town on Friday, police said.

Mr. Badal was discharged around 1.30 p.m. and has left for the airport on his way to Punjab, a police official told PTI.

The former Punjab Deputy Chief Minister underwent surgery that lasted for about 90 minutes and was stable, doctors treating him had said in the morning.

Mr. Badal was attacked by a member of the Nihang order inside the Gurdwara Mata Sahib Devan Ji Mugat on the outskirts of Maharashtra’s Nanded town on Thursday, according to the police.

Visuals showed Mr. Badal, who escaped an attempt on his life at the Golden Temple entrance in December 2024, walking inside a hospital building with a cloth wrapped around his right hand.

He was rushed to the Yashosai Hospital in Nanded, where doctors operated on him, said officials.

“The surgery lasted for an hour and a half. There was a tendon injury, and he had a sharp penetrating wound. His tendon was repaired. The plastic surgeon also repaired his ulnar artery nerve. He is out of danger,” a doctor from the hospital had said earlier.

After his discharge from the hospital, Mr. Badal went to the Nanded airport and will be flying back to Punjab, the official said.

According to police, they have yet to find out why the accused, Jaspal Singh, attacked Mr. Badal.

Mr. Singh, who holds commerce and law degrees and is based in Pune with his family, had been working as a sewadar or volunteer at the gurdwara for the past two years. The accused, aged 60-62 years, was staying alone in Nanded.

He has been booked under the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita for attempt to murder, voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means, and voluntarily causing grievous hurt to a public servant to deter them from performing their duty.

Harsimrat Kaur Badal thanks PM Modi, Shah

MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Mr. Badal’s wife, thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah for extending their support.

In an X post on Friday (August 14), Ms. Badal said that she is grateful to Mr. Modi and Mr. Shah for, “taking immediate cognisance of the incident and directing central investigating agencies to coordinate with Maharashtra police in the probe.”

She further added, “Thank you for your commitment to ensuring an effective probe into this painful incident which is a grave violation of the fundamental tenets of the great Sikh religion.”

Truly grateful, Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri @narendramodi ji for your personal call to inquire about Sardar Sukhbir Singh Badal ji’s health and for your good wishes for his speedy recovery following the dastardly attack on him inside a Gurudwara Sahib in Nanded, Maharashtra.…

— Harsimrat Kaur Badal (@HarsimratBadal_) August 14, 2026

(With inputs from PTI)

Published – August 14, 2026 12:28 pm IST



Source link

Two persons arrested for stealing at temple in Tirupattur
SC’s revival of Section 124A for consenting accused brings back a colonial law the country did not want
Kerala Budget 2026 LIVE: Finance Minister Balagopal presents State budget
NCERT notified as institute deemed-to-be university by Education Ministry
Tamil Nadu receives surplus Cauvery water for yet another year
TAGGED:sukhbir badalSukhbir Badal attackSukhbir badal attackedsukhbir singh badal attacksukhbir singh badal news
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Rice federation tells T.N. Chief Minister to take up waiver for rice with GST Council

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
July 18, 2026
PM Modi hails India-Seychelles ties as ‘steady, strong and long-lasting’
Alappuzha registers 73% voter turnout
Why is Sam Altman losing sleep? OpenAI CEO addresses controversies in interview
Six killed, 14 injured as vehicle carrying pilgrims collides with trailer in Jodhpur
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?