By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: SIT issues notice to former MP Santosh Kumar in phone tapping case
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » SIT issues notice to former MP Santosh Kumar in phone tapping case

India News

SIT issues notice to former MP Santosh Kumar in phone tapping case

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: January 26, 2026 3:07 pm
India Times Now Desk
Published: January 26, 2026
Share
SHARE


The Special Investigation Team probing the alleged phone tapping case issued a notice under Section 160 of the CrPC to former Rajya Sabha member and Bharat Rashtra Samithi (BRS) leader Joginipally Santosh Kumar, directing him to appear before it at the Jubilee Hills police station at 3 p.m. on Tuesday.

Clarifying an error in the notice, Venkatagiri, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Jubilee Hills, said a typographical mistake had occurred in which the designation of Santosh Kumar was mentioned as ‘Member of Parliament’ instead of ‘Ex-Member of Parliament’. He said the notice was served at the former MP’s residence and the correction had been noted.

The case pertains to allegations that phones of several political leaders and senior government officials were illegally intercepted through the Special Intelligence Branch to benefit the Bharat Rashtra Samithi. The issue surfaced after the arrest of former SIB Deputy Superintendent of Police Praneeth Rao on March 13, 2024, from his residence in Rajanna Sircilla district following a complaint by Additional Superintendent of Police D. Ramesh, who accused him of unauthorised interception of phone calls.

Published – January 26, 2026 08:37 pm IST



Source link

Three new flights from Bengaluru to Middle East to commence this month
Operating nuclear plants was ‘lifetime committment’: Experts
DMK holds seat sharing talks with CPI (M), CPI, KMDK
Abu Salem international criminal, can be given only two-day parole: Maharashtra govt to HC
Faith and its fallout – The Hindu
TAGGED:former MP Santosh Kumarhyderabadinvestigationnoticephone tapping caseSITtelangana
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Dhinakaran, Anbumani call for probe into claims of irregularities in grain transport

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
November 1, 2025
PM Modi to visit Assam for mass dance, Kaziranga elevated corridor
India-Australia ‘administrative arrangements’ for uranium supplies | Explained
Cauvery Water Management Authority upholds CWRC’s order to Karnataka to release water to Tamil Nadu
Income Tax department identifies cases of non-disclosure of foreign assets in ITRs
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?