By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Salim Khan discharged after over a month in hospital, recovery continues
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Salim Khan discharged after over a month in hospital, recovery continues

EntertainmentMovieMusic

Salim Khan discharged after over a month in hospital, recovery continues

Times Desk
Last updated: March 17, 2026 7:37 am
Times Desk
Published: March 17, 2026
Share
SHARE


Contents
  • Salim Khan discharged from the hospital
  • Salim Khan was admitted to the hospital on February 17
  • Salim Khan’s glorious filmography
New Delhi:

Salim Khan, veteran screenwriter, who was hospitalised in Mumbai last month after suffering a ‘minimal’ brain haemorrhage, was discharged on Tuesday, March 17, sources said. The 90-year-old screenwriter, one half of the iconic Salim-Javed duo, known for films like Sholay, Deewar and Don with Javed Akhtar, had been admitted to the ICU of Lilavati Hospital in Bandra on February 17.

Salim Khan discharged from the hospital

A day after Salim Khan’s admission, doctors had confirmed that he had suffered a ‘minimal’ brain haemorrhage, which was treated. He was placed on ventilator support as a precautionary measure.

“He has been discharged. The discharge process has been completed, but he is still in the hospital,” a source told PTI on Tuesday.

During his hospital stay, his children – Salman Khan, Arbaaz Khan, Alvira and Arpita – along with sons-in-law Atul Agnihotri and Aayush Sharma, visited him regularly. His long-time collaborator Javed Akhtar also visited him.

Salim Khan was admitted to the hospital on February 17

A day after Salim Khan was admitted to Lilavati Hospital last month, Dr Jalil Parkar from the hospital had shared a health update. He stated that Salim Khan suffered a very minimal brain haemorrhage, for which a basic procedure called ‘DSA’ was performed. The procedure was successful, and no surgery was carried out on him. “Salim Khan is currently on a ventilator. He is expected to be taken off the ventilator by today or tomorrow. He is very fit, even by your (journalists’) standards. He was brought here yesterday morning at 8:30 am. As a precaution, he has been kept in the ICU on a ventilator,” the doctor explained.

A statement by the doctor’s team at Lilavati said: “Hello everybody An official news bulletin was released at around 1.00 pm today dated February 18, 2026 with the consent of the relatives which was meant to be crisp and factual. Yesterday i.e. February 17, 2026, at 8.30 am, Mr. Salim Khan was brought to the emergency department of Lilavati Hospital by their family doctor, Dr. Sandeep Chopra. After the initial assessment, patient was initiated treatment in the emergency department and was shifted to the ICU on the first floor for further management. After due diligence by the team of doctors consisting of Dr. Vinay Chauhan (neurologist), Dr. Ajit Menon (cardiologist), Dr. Nitin Dange (neurosurgeon), Dr. Kirti Upadhyaya (nephrologist) and Dr. Bineet Ahluwalia, a consensual modality of treatment was initiated. Patient was intubated for better managed care and further investigations.”

It was further added, “Today i.e. February 18, 2026, a procedure called as DSA was performed by Dr. Nitin Dange which was successful. Kindly note that there was no surgery involved. Patient is hemodynamically stable and shall be weaned off the ventilator as per medical norms (the process has been initiated). With all due respect, no further bulletin shall be released respecting the family wishes. Please do bear with us as mutual courtesy.”

Salim Khan’s glorious filmography

Apart from Sholay, Deewar and Don, Salim Khan and Javed Akhtar also wrote several landmark films, including Trishul, Zanjeer, Seeta Aur Geeta, Haathi Mere Saathi, Yaadon Ki Baarat and Mr India.

Hailing from an affluent family in Indore, Salim Khan came to Mumbai in his 20s with dreams of being a part of the film industry and fulfilled his desires too. After acting, Salim began working as an assistant to Abrar Alvi, where he met Javed Akhtar – a meeting that led to one of the most successful writing partnerships in Hindi cinema.

Together, they worked on around two dozen films, with many going on to become blockbusters.

Also read: Salim Khan hospitalised with ‘minimal’ brain haemorrhage, no surgery needed: Lilavati doctor





Source link

Janhvi Kapoor’s boyfriend Shikhar Pahariya officially part of Kapoor family photo at Boney Kapoor’s bash
Ranveer Singh threat case: Bishnoi gang demanded Rs 10 crore, voice note sent from US number
‘Forced to do programme’: Humane Sagar’s mother blames manager, organisers for negligence; demands justice
Bigg Boss 19’s Farrhana Bhatt’s family takes legal action against Amaal Mallik’s aunt for ‘terrorist’ remark
Lazawal Ishq 2025: Pakistan’s Love Island with Ayesha Omar | Contestants list and streaming details
TAGGED:Salim Javed writer newsSalim Khan brain haemorrhageSalim Khan dischargedSalim Khan health updateSalim Khan hospital MumbaiSalim Khan recoverySalman Khan father Salim Khan
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Remand prisoner found dead in Kasaragod sub-jail; family alleges murder

Times Desk
Times Desk
November 26, 2025
Bridgerton Season 4 first poster: All about Benedict-Sophie’s plot, new cast, release details
How pro investors are investing around this energy shock
Opposition’s notice seeking removal of Chief Election Commissioner still unacknowledged: Derek O’Brien
Elderly woman seeks Collector’s help in transferring late husband’s land ownership during grievance programme
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?