By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Rashtrapati Bhavan withdraws email on Bangladesh PM visit
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Rashtrapati Bhavan withdraws email on Bangladesh PM visit

India News

Rashtrapati Bhavan withdraws email on Bangladesh PM visit

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: August 21, 2026 7:29 pm
India Times Now Desk
Published: August 21, 2026
Share
SHARE


Bangladesh Prime Minister Tarique Rahman. File.

Bangladesh Prime Minister Tarique Rahman. File.
| Photo Credit: AP

An email to the media by the Rashtrapati Bhavan on Friday (August 21, 2026) briefly created the impression that the long-under-discussion visit of Bangladesh Prime Minister Tarique Rahman would take place soon. The email sent in the afternoon was headlined, “No change of guard ceremony this Saturday”. 

“The Change of Guard Ceremony at the Forecourt of Rashtrapati Bhavan will not take place this Saturday (August 22, 2026) due to the full rehearsal for the ceremonial welcome of the Prime Minister of Bangladesh,” said the email that was issued in the name of Navika Gupta, Deputy Press Secretary to the President of India. The email created the impression that a visit by Mr. Rahman is imminent.

However, soon another release came from the Rashtrapati Bhavan negating the previous note, saying, “A press release issued on the subject ‘No change of guard ceremony this Saturday’, which was issued on August 21, 2026, stands withdrawn.”

These two announcements added to the buzz around Mr. Rahman’s visit plans for New Delhi, as the two sides had been in talks on it. The plans reportedly ran into trouble after Bangladesh demanded that India create “propitious” circumstances for the visit by extraditing deposed Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and the suspected killers of radical student leader Osman Hadi. 

Published – August 22, 2026 12:59 am IST



Source link

WFI shoots down Vinesh’s comeback
Union Minister Suresh Gopi says Vizhinjam port materialised after he raised it with PM Modi in 2014
Attempts being made to oust me from politics using false narratives: PMK founder S. Ramadoss
Kerala-EU partnership can help expand trade, market access: Union Fisheries Minister Rajiv Ranjan Singh
NEET question leak a shocking failure: FUTA
TAGGED:bangladesh india tiesBangladesh PM India visitBangladesh PM Tarique RahmanTarique Rahman india visit
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

The Goddess of Instant Gratification

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
June 23, 2026
Arjun Bijlani, Neha Swami were in Dubai for New Year; trip cut short after father-in-law’s medical emergency
Kerala Budget 2026-27: funds set aside for adult immunisation, menopause clinics
Watch: What is Pax Silica?
IMD issues red alert for Wayanad, Kozhikode districts in Kerala warning of extreme heavy rain on Tuesday
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?