By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Man attempts to end life after section of media publishes wrong photo in heist case
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Man attempts to end life after section of media publishes wrong photo in heist case

India News

Man attempts to end life after section of media publishes wrong photo in heist case

Times Desk
Last updated: November 25, 2025 4:45 pm
Times Desk
Published: November 25, 2025
Share
SHARE


A case of mistaken identity linked to the recent ₹7.11-crore ATM cash van heist has taken a disturbing turn after a youth attempted to end his life after his photograph was mistakenly shown by media outlets as one of the arrested accused.

The police said that among the nine people arrested so far is Xavier alias M. Prajan, 36, a former employee of CMS Info Systems. He was one of the first to be picked up during the investigation.

However, another man named Xavier, aged around 25, attempted to end life after television channels flashed his photograph instead of the accused’s.

The mix-up came to light when the young man’s family approached a police station in the East Division, informing officers that their son had been wrongly identified as one of the heist suspects. The police immediately intervened and ensured he received medical attention.

City Police Commissioner Seemant Kumar Singh urged media organisations to verify details thoroughly before publishing photographs of accused persons. He said the department would also investigate whether the arrested Xavier had submitted the other man’s photograph during his recruitment, which may have contributed to the confusion.

(If you are in distress or having suicidal tendencies, please reach out to these 24/7 helplines: Tele Manas 14416 or 18008914416 or KIRAN 1800-599-0019 or Arogya Sahayavani at 104 for help)

Published – November 25, 2025 10:15 pm IST



Source link

Delhi: Over 60 went missing each day, including 16 children: Data
With discharge in excise case, Kejriwal is back to win lost turf and hearts
BJP sees conspiracy behind MLA’s arrest
Sovan Chatterjee returns to TMC after seven years
India strengthens eastern defences with three new garrisons near Siliguri ‘Chicken’s Neck’
TAGGED:BengaluruCrimekarnataka
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News
EntertainmentMovieMusic

Ram Charan struggles to get Klin Kaara inside hospital amid huge crowd, disturbing video surfaces online | Watch

Times Desk
Times Desk
February 1, 2026
Passengers struggle to find cabs at Bengaluru airport amid mounting shortage
Tamil Nadu government completely revokes licence of adulterated cough syrup firm, shuts down company
Impleading victim’s parents is key to bail in POCSO Act cases, says Madurai Bench
Bottle row: HC expresses shock at transfer of KSRTC driver
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?