By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Kannur Corpn. halts road construction work following complaints
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Kannur Corpn. halts road construction work following complaints

India News

Kannur Corpn. halts road construction work following complaints

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: May 13, 2026 1:26 pm
India Times Now Desk
Published: May 13, 2026
Share
SHARE


The Kannur Corporation on Tuesday (May 12) halted an alleged unauthorised road construction at Nadal following complaints that a fake Public Works department (PWD) board had been erected at the site to mislead the public.

According to a resident, a private individual had constructed the road by destroying mangroves, claiming that it was part of the proposed Nadal–Muzhappilangad Beach bypass project. Suspicion arose over the sudden road work, prompting residents to file a complaint with the Corporation authorities.

Mayor P. Indira and Public Works Standing Committee Chairman Rijil Makkutty visited the site and ordered the work to be stopped.

Mayor Indira said the road had been laid for over one kilometre by clearing mangroves on private land. She said the stretch spanned around 30 acres and would connect Nadal with Muzhappilangad.

She added that the land filling had not only destroyed mangroves but also disrupted the free flow of water in the region, which could lead to flooding. A complaint has also been filed with the RDO, and further inspection will be carried out in the area, she said.

Published – May 13, 2026 06:56 pm IST



Source link

Congress leader accuses BJP, ED of harassing Sonia and Rahul Gandhi in the National Herald case
BJP fears creative expression as it will strengthen ‘anti-establishment wave’, says Akhilesh
Kerala SIR: CEO (Kerala) Rathan U. Kelkar attends hearing
‘Welcome to Kerala’ signboard sparks tension in the Nilgiris
Operation Sindoor demonstrated Indian Army’s AI-driven capabilities, says Lt. General Rajiv Sahni
TAGGED:Kannur Corpn. halts road construction work following complaints
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

ECI orders probe into voting by foreign nationals in the Tamil Nadu Assembly election

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
May 15, 2026
SRM-A.P. hosts IETE foundation day celebrations
I did not try to broker a deal between DMK and AIADMK: Rajinikanth
Ayyappa Paniker Snehasangamam to be held
J&K govt. bids for Sufiyana music’s inclusion in UNESCO’s intangible heritage list
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?