By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Indore water contamination: 38 new diarrhoea cases detected, 110 in hospital; death toll 7
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Indore water contamination: 38 new diarrhoea cases detected, 110 in hospital; death toll 7

India News

Indore water contamination: 38 new diarrhoea cases detected, 110 in hospital; death toll 7

Times Desk
Last updated: January 6, 2026 1:39 am
Times Desk
Published: January 6, 2026
Share
SHARE


Doctors and health workers during inspection after several people died after consuming allegedly contaminated water in the Bhagirathpura area of Indore, Madhya Pradesh, on January 5, 2026.

Doctors and health workers during inspection after several people died after consuming allegedly contaminated water in the Bhagirathpura area of Indore, Madhya Pradesh, on January 5, 2026.
| Photo Credit: PTI

At least 38 fresh cases of vomiting and diarrhoea linked to contaminated drinking water were detected on Monday (January 5, 2026) at the Bhagirathpura primary health centre in Indore, with a senior official putting the death toll so far to seven.

Six patients have been referred for treatment, and 110 are currently undergoing treatment in hospitals, including 15 in ICUs, officials said.

Indore Divisional Commissioner Sudam Khade told PTI over the phone that seven deaths have been reported so far, as per the health department.

Till the previous day, officials had been maintaining six fatalities linked to the water contamination. Locals, however, have claimed 17 deaths due to the outbreak.

The health department on Monday (January 5) conducted a real-time household survey using the Kobo tool in the affected Bhagirathpura area to assess the situation and ensure the availability of chlorinated drinking water to residents.

The survey followed training on the Kobo tool, imparted by the Central government’s regional health director Dr. Chandrashekhar Gedam, in coordination with the district administration. The tool enables real-time assessment of field conditions, officials said.

Under the direction of Chief Medical and Health Officer (CMHO) Dr. Madhav Prasad Hasani, around 200 teams were deployed in the area. Each team visited pre-marked houses and carried out surveys.

The teams distributed 10 ORS packets, 30 zinc tablets, and a Clean Water dropper at each household, according to an official statement.

Residents were advised to add eight to 10 drops of the clean water solution to 10 litres of water and use it after one hour for purification.

Health teams provided counselling to residents and shared toll-free helpline numbers. They emphasised completion of medicine doses, boiling of drinking water, and displayed proper hand-washing methods.

Each team comprised a doctor, a nursing officer, a community health officer, an ASHA worker and an ANM. The teams covered 2,745 households during the day, reaching around 14,000 people, and carried out IEC activities, along with kit distribution and counselling, it added.

Officials said the main objective was to ensure access to chlorinated, germ-free drinking water in the affected area.

At the direction of district collector Shivam Verma, five ambulances have been stationed in the area, and doctors are deployed round the clock.

Patients are being referred to M.Y. Hospital and Aurobindo Hospital, while affected children are referred to Chacha Nehru Hospital. Free treatment, tests and medicines are also being provided to patients visiting private hospitals, the statement said.

Published – January 06, 2026 07:09 am IST



Source link

ECI asks NIA to probe Malda violence
Congress MP Shafi Parambil alleges he was attacked in Perambra by ‘tainted’ police officer
Two police constables transferred to Armed Reserve wing in Ranipet over illegal sand mining in Palar River
This Bengaluru railway station now houses a new silk museum
Over 100 labourers from four Southern States rescued as massive raids continue at Nizamabad brick kilns
TAGGED:Death after indore water condaminationindore water contaminationnew diarrhoea casesPeople admitted in hospitalPeople deadWater in indore
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

SFI petitions Election Commission against IAS officer B. Ashok

Times Desk
Times Desk
March 29, 2026
Chinese national blacklisted, sent back from Kashmir for violating foreigners registration rules: Officials
Aditya Dhar gets court relief in Dhurandhar plagiarism row; Bombay HC restrains filmmaker Santosh Kumar
Medical Education Department keen on 15% NRI quota in all government medical colleges
Watch: What is Pax Silica?
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?