By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Haryana man fails to pay ₹1 cr. for ‘fancy number’; Minister orders income check
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Haryana man fails to pay ₹1 cr. for ‘fancy number’; Minister orders income check

India News

Haryana man fails to pay ₹1 cr. for ‘fancy number’; Minister orders income check

Times Desk
Last updated: December 3, 2025 8:17 pm
Times Desk
Published: December 3, 2025
Share
SHARE


Haryana Transport Minister Anil Vij

Haryana Transport Minister Anil Vij
| Photo Credit: File Photo

Haryana Transport Minister Anil Vij on Wednesday directed officials to check the income and paying capacity of a man from Hisar who placed a staggering bid of ₹1.17 crore for a ‘fancy vehicle number’ but failed to deposit the full amount by the deadline.

Last week, during an online auction for the registration number HR-88-B-8888 in the Badhra subdivision of Charkhi Dadri district, the man was declared the successful bidder. He had paid ₹1,000 as participation fee and ₹10,000 as security deposit and was supposed to pay the remaining amount by Monday, officials said.

On Wednesday, Mr. Vij took note of the winner of the bid failing to pay the full amount within the stipulated time. He announced that the man’s financial capacity and source of income would be thoroughly investigated to verify whether he was genuinely capable of placing such a large bid.

“Fancy and VIP vehicle numbers in Haryana are allotted only through auctions. People often make very high bids to obtain these numbers as a matter of prestige. It also contributes significantly to State revenue,” the Transport Minister said.

He, however, added that the recent incident indicates that some individuals are treating the auction process “casually, merely as a show of interest, not a responsibility”.

“I have issued strict instructions to Transport Department officials to check the bidder’s actual income and property. It must be confirmed whether the person really has the financial capacity to bid ₹1.17 crore,” he said.

‘Avert such instances’

Mr. Vij added that a written request is being sent to the Income Tax Department to initiate a thorough investigation into the matter so that no one in future participates in auctions based on false financial claims or without sufficient economic ability.

The man’s security deposit of ₹10,000 will stand forfeited and the number will enter the auction process again, officials said.

Published – December 04, 2025 01:47 am IST



Source link

How Tamil Nadu’s election fashion got a Gen Z makeover
ED conducts raids in Ahmedabad in ₹10.95 crore bank fraud case
Shirtless protest at AI Summit: Delhi Police nabs Youth Congress worker in Gwalior, total arrests 5
Mirwaiz, Imran Ansari condemn Larijani’s killing
Why is a spectre of empty classrooms looming? | Explained
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Woman arrested for ‘stealing’ gold ornaments atop Indrakeeladri

Times Desk
Times Desk
March 10, 2026
Engineering student found dead – The Hindu
Workers converge around Town Hall in Bengaluru for protest rally against new labour codes
58 IndiGo flight cancellations at Hyderabad airport on December 9
Orange Line may be delayed by a year as double-decker flyovers planned
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?