By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: ED seizes ₹3 crore in Kolkata municipal recruitment scam
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » ED seizes ₹3 crore in Kolkata municipal recruitment scam

India News

ED seizes ₹3 crore in Kolkata municipal recruitment scam

Times Desk
Last updated: October 30, 2025 5:19 pm
Times Desk
Published: October 30, 2025
Share
SHARE


Image for the purpose of representation only.

Image for the purpose of representation only.
| Photo Credit: File

The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has seized ₹3 crore during searches at several locations in and around Kolkata in connection with the municipal recruitment scam, the agency said on Thursday.

“ED, Kolkata Zonal Office has conducted a search operation at seven places on 28-29.10.2025 in and around Kolkata in the municipality recruitment scam…. During the searches, various incriminating documents including property documents, digital devices and cash amounting to ₹3 crore (approx.) have been seized,” the agency said in a press statement.

Photographs of the seized cash were shared by the ED on social media. Investigators said the searches revealed a modus operandi whereby tainted money belonging to the main suspects and accused in the scam was laundered through companies and firms under the guise of bogus services.

The statement added that the premises covered during the searches included offices and residences of associates of the main suspects and accused in the case. “Premises of Radiant Enterprise Pvt. Ltd., Garodia Securities Ltd., Jeet Construction and Consultants etc. were searched along with the residences of the promoters/directors of these companies/firms,” the agency said.

On October 10, the ED had conducted searches at 13 locations, including the office of West Bengal’s Minister of Fire and Emergency Services, Sujit Bose, MLA, during which “incriminating documents and cash of ₹45 lakh were seized,” according to the agency.

The investigation was initiated on the basis of an FIR registered by the CBI following directions from the Calcutta High Court. The ED said the probe into the primary teachers’ recruitment scam in 2023 had earlier led to the recovery of incriminating documents and digital evidence from one of the accused, Ayan Sil.

“The scrutiny of the incriminating documents has revealed that the scam is not only limited to recruitment of the teachers but also covers several other appointments by various municipalities,” the agency said.

The illegally conducted recruitments reportedly involved appointments for mazdoors, sweepers, clerks, peons, ambulance attendants, assistant mistries, pump operators, helpers, sanitary assistants, and drivers in several municipalities in North 24 Parganas district.

“ED has already filed a prosecution complaint in the case against Ayan Sil before the Hon’ble Special Court, Kolkata. ED had earlier also conducted searches at the premises of various functionaries of municipalities, and at the residential premises of Sujit Bose, MLA, and Rathin Ghosh, MLA and Minister of Food & Supplies, West Bengal,” the statement added.

Published – October 30, 2025 10:49 pm IST



Source link

U.P. CM announces wage reform, warns industrial unrest will harm progress
How decentralising therapy can help bridge India’s treatment gap
Mandya key to India achieving 20% ethanol blending with petrol target: S.E. Sudheendra
Returnable plots allotted to 98% of Amaravati land pooling farmers, says Narayana
Southern Railway reopens British-era subway in Arakkonam for public use
TAGGED:Ayan Sil ED investigationED cash seizure KolkataED municipal scam KolkataEnforcement Directorate West BengalKolkata municipal recruitment scam
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Congress workers cross over to KC(M) ahead of local body polls

Times Desk
Times Desk
November 13, 2025
Somnath is symbol of ‘civilisational courage’, says PM Modi
Modi, Revanth Reddy, Fadnavis, Yogi, Pawan Kalyan, Jr. NTR greet Chandrababu Naidu on 76th birthday
Man sentenced to 5 years in prison for transporting ganja from Odisha
Tightening the opium belt in Madhya Pradesh
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?