By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: BJP playing politics over footpath clearance, says Karnataka Chief Minister
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » BJP playing politics over footpath clearance, says Karnataka Chief Minister

India News

BJP playing politics over footpath clearance, says Karnataka Chief Minister

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: July 3, 2026 6:05 pm
India Times Now Desk
Published: July 3, 2026
Share
SHARE


Construction materials dumped and vehicles parked on a footpath along K.H. Road (Double Road) have forced pedestrians onto the busy roadway, raising safety concerns and exposing gaps in the enforcement of pedestrian rights.

Construction materials dumped and vehicles parked on a footpath along K.H. Road (Double Road) have forced pedestrians onto the busy roadway, raising safety concerns and exposing gaps in the enforcement of pedestrian rights.
| Photo Credit: K. MURALI KUMAR

Chief Minister D.K. Shivakumar on Friday accused the BJP of adopting a “double standard” on the State government’s street vending policy, alleging that the Opposition was protesting against regulations it had earlier supported during an official meeting.

In a post on X, the Chief Minister reminded that during the pre-budget meeting for the 2026-27 budgets of the city’s five corporations, held under his chairmanship on March 20, all parties unanimously agreed on introducing a new regulatory framework for street vending. 

“The measures approved during the meeting included earmarking designated vending zones for registered street vendors, prohibiting street vending on major roads, removing vending carts left parked on roads overnight, and making identity cards mandatory for all registered vendors,” he said.

Mr. Shivakumar noted that the people are watching the BJP’s hypocrisy. “Those who nodded in agreement within the four walls of the meeting room are now standing on the streets staging protests for political gain,” he said.

“The government is committed to freeing Bengaluru’s footpaths for pedestrians while safeguarding the interests of street vendors. The BJP’s attempt to exploit this decision for political gain is condemnable,” he said.

The remarks come amid a footpath clearance drive taken up by the Greater Bengaluru Authority and the five Bengaluru corporations.

Published – July 03, 2026 11:35 pm IST



Source link

Kerala for All conclave: Accessibility should not be an afterthought, say experts
Arrests in Noida workers’ protests ‘illegal’, say activists
Humane Animal Society launches re-vaccination drive in eight regions of Coimbatore
Chief Minister M.K. Stalin signs MoU with UN Women on inclusive development
Watch | Ajit Pawar dies in Baramati plane crash; a look at his life in Maharashtra politics
TAGGED:Bengalurubjpfootpath clearancekarnatakashivakumar
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

China ‘mediated’ in Pakistan, India tensions: Wang Yi

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
December 30, 2025
Telangana RTC strike: Temporary drivers recruitment taken up; peak marriage season few days away
Karnataka speeds up deportation of foreign offenders; 427 sent back in 2026
PU student electrocuted on school grounds in Tumakuru; case against KEB officials
Nvidia pushes back on charges that AI investment is a bubble
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?