By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Digital Arrest scams: CBI conducts searches at over 80 locations across India
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Digital Arrest scams: CBI conducts searches at over 80 locations across India

India News

Digital Arrest scams: CBI conducts searches at over 80 locations across India

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: June 25, 2026 8:49 pm
India Times Now Desk
Published: June 25, 2026
Share
SHARE


Image used for representation

Image used for representation
| Photo Credit: Reuters

In a major crackdown on the cybercrime infrastructure facilitating Digital Arrest scams, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has raided over 80 locations across the country in connection with more than 200 cases. Two accused have been arrested so far.

They have been identified as Naresh from Chennai and Sanjib Saha, a resident of Kolkata.

Under Operation Chakra-VI, the agency constituted 60 special teams and conducted coordinated searches in 16 States, including Punjab, Gujarat, Delhi, Maharashtra, Haryana, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Assam, West Bengal, Manipur, Karnataka and Odisha.

“The searches were carried out as part of an ongoing investigation aimed at dismantling a targeted operational network involved in over 200 cases of Digital Arrest scams,” said the agency.

The arrested accused were involved in the incorporation of shell companies and the opening and operation of mule bank accounts. These accounts were reportedly used for laundering about ₹2 crore of suspected proceeds of crime.

The CBI recently unearthed a fraudulent website bearing a URL deceptively similar to the official website of the Supreme Court of India. The fraudsters allegedly used the registered domain to deceive victims through Digital Arrest modus operandi. Based on a complaint received from the Registry of the Supreme Court, the agency registered a case and launched an investigation.

“Leveraging advanced forensic tools and technical expertise, the CBI identified critical elements of the criminal infrastructure operating both within India and abroad. Investigation has revealed that the perpetrators uploaded forged documents, including fake orders resembling those issued by courts and various law enforcement agencies, to lend credibility to their fraudulent activities,” it said.

During the searches, the CBI has seized several incriminating documents, digital devices, mobile phones and records relating to bank transactions.

The CBI also found evidence indicating that, in addition to Indian citizens, nationals of several other countries may have been cheated by the same network. The law enforcement agencies of the jurisdictions concerned are being alerted through appropriate channels.

Published – June 25, 2026 11:19 am IST



Source link

Three-day global meet on diabetes to be held in Kovalam
Child marriage on decline in India: Report
Cabinet approves four more judges for Supreme Court
Drones banned in Kallakurichi ahead of T.N. CM Stalin’s visit
Church leaders meet Naga group in attempt to mend fences with the Kuki-Zo
TAGGED:CBI on digital arrest latestCBI raids in Delhi on digital arrestCBI raids latestCBI raids over 80 locations nationwide
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Special squads formed to expose single digit lottery trade in Kozhikode

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
October 5, 2025
CI suspended amid ongoing investigation in Vinukonda rape case
Modi systematically strangling protections for poor, diverting resources: Rahul Gandhi
The Boys Season 5 finale X review: What users are saying about Karl Urban and Antony Starr’s show
Karur stampede: TVK announces ‘temporarily’ postponing Vijay’s rallies
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?