By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Over 100 labourers from four Southern States rescued as massive raids continue at Nizamabad brick kilns
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Over 100 labourers from four Southern States rescued as massive raids continue at Nizamabad brick kilns

India News

Over 100 labourers from four Southern States rescued as massive raids continue at Nizamabad brick kilns

Times Desk
Last updated: May 19, 2026 11:35 am
Times Desk
Published: May 19, 2026
Share
SHARE


Several labourers rescued from bonded labour conditions at a cluster of brick kilns in Armoor mandal during raids on May 19, 2026. Photo: Special Arrangement

Several labourers rescued from bonded labour conditions at a cluster of brick kilns in Armoor mandal during raids on May 19, 2026. Photo: Special Arrangement

A large-scale rescue operation is under way in Telangana’s Nizamabad district on Tuesday (May 19, 2026), after more than 100 labourers, including children, were rescued from alleged bonded labour conditions at a cluster of brick kilns in Armoor mandal.

The operation was carried out at five brick kilns in Degam village, also known as Degaon, where workers from Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Odisha were being forced to work under exploitative conditions.

Officials identified BTR Brick Kiln as the main site where searches began on Tuesday (May 19, 2026) afternoon, with raids simultaneously extending to four adjoining kilns.

Armoor police along with other departments carried out raids at BTR Brick Kiln and adjoining sites where labourers were forced to work under exploitative conditions. Photo: Special Arrangement

Armoor police along with other departments carried out raids at BTR Brick Kiln and adjoining sites where labourers were forced to work under exploitative conditions. Photo: Special Arrangement

Three special police teams comprising nearly 30 personnel of various ranks from the Armoor division were deployed for the operation. An official associated with the operation said that between 100 and 150 persons had already been rescued during the searches. Several of those rescued were women and children with visible signs of malnourishment, the official said.

Preliminary inquiry indicated that the labourers were allegedly kept in “bondage-like” conditions, with workers not being paid regular wages and instead being issued “vouchers” that could only be used to procure essential goods. Sources revealed that a labourer from the Tamil group alleged that he had been working at the kiln for nearly four years without receiving any actual wages and that his family survived on a ₹200 grocery voucher issued once a week.

Workers also alleged restriction of movement, denial of minimum wages, inability to freely seek employment or negotiate wages, instances of physical violence, sexual violence, and intimidation.

The rescue operation was initiated following a tip-off from relatives of one of the labourers, who alerted authorities that several workers were being confined and exploited at the kilns. Based on the information, police and other departments jointly planned the coordinated raids.

Officials carrying out verification and documentation process as part of the ongoing investigation. Photo: Special Arrangement

Officials carrying out verification and documentation process as part of the ongoing investigation. Photo: Special Arrangement

Rescue efforts and inspections are under way trace additional workers and verify conditions at nearby facilities. The officials are also in the process of recording statements, identifying victims, and assessing the extent of exploitation across the four adjoining kiln units. Officials said that once the rescue operation concludes, a panchanama will be conducted and criminal cases will be registered against the owners and those responsible for operating the facilities.

Published – May 19, 2026 05:05 pm IST



Source link

Tejaswi-themed Lalbagh flower show draws large crowds
Watch: Cyclone Montha to hit Andhra Coast tonight | Red alert in 16 districts
Bengaluru tragedy cuts short a long-awaited Kudumbashree trip from Kerala
India absent as Trump rolls out his Board of Peace with 19 countries in attendance
Hit by cyclone Montha and heavy rains, farmers still await relief
TAGGED:NizamabadNizamabad brick kilnsNizamabad police raid
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Cochin Shipyard to lauch three advanced vessels

Times Desk
Times Desk
October 16, 2025
Stranger Things Season 5 episode runtimes revealed: Finale runs over 2 hours
Huge number of devotees to Hasanamba festival: Hassan SP writes to DC, warns of stampedes if failed to restrict visitors
Junior movie OTT release update and streaming speculation
21st century should be a period of intellectual decolonisation: P.K. Mishra
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?