By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Pakistani handler accused of planning ‘Jihadi activities’ in India
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Pakistani handler accused of planning ‘Jihadi activities’ in India

India News

Pakistani handler accused of planning ‘Jihadi activities’ in India

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: April 6, 2026 2:57 pm
India Times Now Desk
Published: April 6, 2026
Share
SHARE


Foreign handler Al-Hakim-Sukoor, who was communicated with the accused in the terror network case online, planned to carry out ‘Jihadi activities’ and create violence in the country, the police said. According to the police, Sukoor, suspected to be from Pakistan, kept in touch with the accused through social media.

The West Zone police of Vijayawada Commissionerate had arrested 12 persons for their alleged links with terrorist organisations like Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and Al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS). The accused were recently picked up by multiple police teams from various States including Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Bihar, Telangana, Delhi and Maharashtra.

The Counter Intelligence (CI) police of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, National Investigation Agency (NIA) and the Gujarat Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) had jointly interrogated the five accused in the case.

The police said that the accused allegedly planned to create Caliphate in India, take up recruitments and spread the ideology of ISIS and AQIS in the country. They also said that Sukoor promised to supply them with weapons and asked them to spread the network, the police said.

Meanwhile, the NTR Commissionerate Police are planning to file custody petition in the court seeking police custody of the remaining accused who are in judicial remand at Rajahmundry Central Prison.

“The CI Cell and other investigation agencies will question the other accused once we get police custody,” said West Zone Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) N.S.V.K. Durga Rao.

“We are trying to find out whether any other terror suspects were in contact with the 12-member arrested gang, their training and recruitment plans,” the ACP told The Hindu on Monday.

Published – April 06, 2026 08:27 pm IST



Source link

High Court judge refuses to recuse from hearing Madras Race Club case
Twisha death case: CBI takes note as AIIMS Delhi final report confirms skin tissue on gym belt
T.N. Assembly election: Vasan announces five TMC(M) candidates, releases party’s manifesto
Kamal Haasan maiden speech in Rajya Sabha: ‘Special Intensive Revision a disease giving rise to many living dead’
Political executive will decide on Bengal law and order, says SC
TAGGED:Andhra Pradeshterror network casevijayawada
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

INL workers in Kasaragod allegedly threaten Independent candidate

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
December 10, 2025
Three new EV highway wayside amenities added in Karnataka last year, total reaches four
Rigorous prison term for official held on bribery charge
Sen. Warren says Trump called her about credit cards, affordability
T.N. govt. has provided relief to monsoon, cyclone-affected farmers: Minister
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?