By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Two murdered in suspected retaliatory attack
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Two murdered in suspected retaliatory attack

India News

Two murdered in suspected retaliatory attack

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: January 5, 2026 4:04 pm
India Times Now Desk
Published: January 5, 2026
Share
SHARE


Two persons were killed, while four others managed to survive a violent assault carried out by their rivals in the district on Monday (January 05, 2025). According to police, the deceased had been accused in a double murder that occurred in their village last year. Police suspect that the latest killings were a retaliatory act for that crime and that the attack was carefully planned in advance.

The murders took place in Kandanati village of Yemmiganur mandal. According to the police, in February last year, two villagers Narsimhulu and Ravi were attacked and killed by their rivals. The duo were involved in disputes with fellow villagers Govindu, Paramesh, and others over land and also at the municipal tap, where they used to fetch water. During a local village deity fair, Govindu and others attacked and killed Narsimhulu and Ravi.

Police named 12 persons as accused in the case and the family members of the accused have left the village since then. Recently, Govindu, Paramesh and their family members returned to the village.

Police said on Monday afternoon, the assailants armed with lethal weapons attacked Paramesh (36) in the agriculture fields and Venkatesh (38), Govindu and their family in the house. Paramesh died instantly in the fields while Venkatesh breathed his last at his house. Govindu and three others were shifted to Kurnool and Yemmiganur government hospitals for treatment.

Police are probing the exact cause for the murders and the number of people involved in the attacks.

Published – January 05, 2026 09:34 pm IST



Source link

Queensland positions itself as a strategic partner in India-Australia biotech collaboration at BioAsia 2026
Maharashtra election results LIVE: Exit polls predict win for BJP-Shiv Sena alliance in Mumbai
Ugandan national deported from Hyderabad for illegal stay and suspected drug trafficking links
Trinamool leadership slams BJP over atrocities against women in BJP-ruled States
Minor fire breaks out at Anekal Government Hospital on Bengaluru outskirts, patients safely evacuated
TAGGED:double murdermurdersuspected retaliatory attack
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Three more accused held in gang rape case

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
October 23, 2025
Two killed as motorcycle rams tree near Villupuram
Rejection of plea for house repair was a mistake, says Suresh Gopi
Stocks making the biggest moves midday: SNPS, DIS, DASH, MSTR
Vehicle registrations rose by 8.4% in 2025 in Tamil Nadu
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?