By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Madhya Pradesh govt. to push Centre for IAS officer’s dismissal
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Madhya Pradesh govt. to push Centre for IAS officer’s dismissal

India News

Madhya Pradesh govt. to push Centre for IAS officer’s dismissal

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: December 12, 2025 3:03 am
India Times Now Desk
Published: December 12, 2025
Share
SHARE


The Madhya Pradesh Government has removed IAS officer Santosh Verma from his current posting, weeks after his remarks on reservation and Brahmin community stirred a controversy in the State and outside. 

The Government will also send a proposal to the Union Government to dismiss him from the IAS cadre as Mr. Verma is accused of forging documents for his promotion from the State Administrative cadre, a senior official in the Chief Minister’s Office said. 

The action came after Chief Minister Mohan Yadav reviewed the matter and issued directions for strict action against Mr. Verma. An order was issued late on Thursday by Chief Secretary Anurag Jain to remove Mr. Verma from the post of Deputy Secretary in the Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Department. He does not hold any post in the government now.  

“A fake and forged promotion order from the State Administrative Service to the Indian Administrative Service was prepared [by Mr. Verma]. Criminal cases are pending in various courts. The IAS promotion obtained on the basis of forged documents and fraud is wrong. Therefore, a proposal for his dismissal from the IAS is being sent to the Central Government,” the official said, adding that a departmental inquiry for allegedly obtaining a integrity certificate based on forged and fabricated documents is in its final stages. 

“In the current case, Santosh Verma’s response to the show-cause notice [issued by the Government] is unsatisfactory. He continues to make indecent statements. Therefore, it has been decided to issue a charge sheet against him,” the official added. 

At a regional event of the M.P. Anusuchit Jati-Janjati Adhikari Evam Karmachari Sangh (AJJAKS) on November 23 in Bhopal, Mr. Verma had said, “Reservation should continue until a Brahmin gives away his daughter to my son, or (she) has a relationship with him, if it’s only about the economic aspect.” 

He had been appointed the new State president of the body at the event.

Mr. Verma later apologised for his remarks and clarified that by “giving away” he meant kanyadaan (Hindu wedding ritual of giving away a daughter in marriage) and was referring to the ‘roti-beti’ culture between different castes which promotes inter-caste marriages. 

However, his remarks led to various protests from Brahmin outfits and leaders who alleged that they were derogatory towards women as they demanded an FIR and disciplinary action against the bureaucrat. 

Published – December 12, 2025 08:33 am IST



Source link

Prateek Yadav’s death: Condolences pour in from across party lines for Mulayam’s son
Satish Jarkiholi says Siddaramaiah will complete five year term
Conservationists push for national framework to protect India’s rivers and mountains
CM urges LPG suppliers to ensure commercial supply
Service lane of Chennai-Bengaluru highway waterlogged after overnight rain
TAGGED:IAS officer Santosh VermaIAS officer Santosh Verma dismissalMadhya Pradeshmadhya pradesh IAS officer Santosh Verma
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

K. Bhagyaraj (1953-2026) – The Hindu

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
June 27, 2026
School of Planning and Architecture to host cultural fest from March 23
Moolapet temple to undergo ₹16.7 crore renovation
First major spell of monsoon brings Gurugram to a standstill, NH-48 caves in near Narsinghpur, triggers traffic jam
Yamaha 2017 MotoGP bike launched with Rossi and Vinales
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?