The Opposition Bharat Rashtra Samithi (BRS) has set up a legal cell with 10 lawyers at its party headquarters, Telangana Bhavan, here to offer free legal assistance to people affected by the inclusion of their properties in the 22A prohibited lands list.
The BRS leaders also demanded a CID inquiry into what they described as a 22A ‘scam’ and sought the dismissal of Minister Ponguleti Srinivas Reddy if Chief Minister A. Revanth Reddy had no role in the alleged irregularities.
BRS Deputy Floor Leader T. Harish Rao announced the initiative at a meeting with 22A land victims at Telangana Bhavan on Wednesday. Several people from different parts of the State attended the meeting and explained their grievances.
Mr. Harish Rao said the BRS would stand by the affected families and extend legal assistance until their problems were resolved. He appealed to them not to sell their properties at distress prices or pay commissions out of fear.
He said victims could approach their legal team for free legal assistance. BRS MLAs would also take up the issues with officials and Collectors, he said.
Mr. Harish Rao alleged that private lands were being included in the 22A list for commissions and settlements and demanded that the government remove all lands that had been wrongly included in the prohibited list.
Referring to Ameenpur KSR Colony, Mr. Harish Rao alleged that around 500 houses were being brought under the 22A restrictions despite a Supreme Court verdict, causing hardship to residents.
He questioned the government’s handling of the issue and sought an explanation from the Chief Minister over reports that 40,000 acres in Yadadri-Bhuvanagiri district had been included in the 22A list. He said that Minister Komatireddy Venkat Reddy had earlier raised the issue with the CM.
Published – August 19, 2026 07:04 pm IST


