By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: ‘Your property, your right’: What is the new khata system in Bengaluru?
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » ‘Your property, your right’: What is the new khata system in Bengaluru?

India News

‘Your property, your right’: What is the new khata system in Bengaluru?

Times Desk
Last updated: October 15, 2025 3:41 pm
Times Desk
Published: October 15, 2025
Share
SHARE


As many as 15 lakh property owners in Bengaluru are expected to benefit from the 100-day campaign by the Karnataka government to convert B-Khata properties into A-Khata from November 1.

Under the new system, properties up to 2,000 sq. m will be eligible for conversion. Owners of larger properties will need to submit CAD drawings and other documents. The 100-day campaign will begin on November 1, and applicants can register online by paying a ₹500 application fee, after which civic body officials will visit homes to provide services at the doorstep.

Property owners will have to pay 5% of the guidance value as a fee to the government. “This amount will be used to provide civic amenities like electricity, water, and drainage in such layouts,” Deputy Chief Minister D.K. Shivakumar explained. After the 100-day period, an additional fee will be levied, details of which will be announced later.

Clarifying the process, Mr. Shivakumar on Wednesday said the scheme is not related to Occupancy Certificates (OC) or Completion Certificates (CC). Multi-storey B-Khata buildings will not be converted to A-Khata immediately. “We will first regularise land ownership, then assess the legality of the buildings,” he said, adding that the decision aims to prevent fraudulent transactions and fake documents.

After submission, civic body officials will record photos and videos of property owners in front of their buildings and upload them online for verification. Disputed properties, government lands, Prohibition of Transfer of Certain Lands cases, and 94C lands will be excluded.

Each Bengaluru city corporation will have two help desks, and citizens can register at Bengaluru One centres. “No one should pay even a single rupee as a bribe,” he warned.

Govt.’s sixth guarantee: your property, your right

“For the first time, Bengaluru will have a uniform Khata system. Earlier, we launched e-Khata, scanned all property records for digitisation, and introduced an online Khata system. Now, we are implementing Khata conversion,” Mr. Shivakumar said. “Such a decision has not been taken in the last 50 years. This campaign is our government’s sixth guarantee: your property, your right.”

However, Mr. Shivakumar clarified that only revenue sites under Section 61 of the KTCP Act are eligible. “Many people have built houses on these lands without officially converting them. Such properties were earlier issued B-Khatas, which made it difficult for owners to obtain bank loans or approvals for building plans. With this initiative, those difficulties will now be resolved.”

The Greater Bengaluru Authority (GBA) will now oversee urban planning work previously handled by the BDA, under a single-window system to simplify processes.

Published – October 15, 2025 09:11 pm IST



Source link

Over 3.22 lakh names removed from district’s draft electoral roll after SIR
Over 73% of MoUs converted into investments in T.N., says Stalin
Assam Congress to analyse poll defeat
India gets six-month waiver for U.S. sanctions on Chabahar port
Omar Abdullah decries continued closure of tourist sites in Kashmir six months after Pahalgam terror attack
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

J&K Assembly starts debate on 33 private members Bills, three fail to pass

Times Desk
Times Desk
March 31, 2026
Adani Foundation marks one year of Mangal Seva programme
Modi’s televised address an act of desperation, says Stalin
Rajasthan may serve as “living lab” for farm tech companies: CM Bhajan Lal Sharma
SYMA to hold competitions on Feb. 7, 8
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?