By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Trinamool demands Home Minister resign for ‘failures on an industrial scale’
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Trinamool demands Home Minister resign for ‘failures on an industrial scale’

India News

Trinamool demands Home Minister resign for ‘failures on an industrial scale’

Times Desk
Last updated: November 11, 2025 4:57 pm
Times Desk
Published: November 11, 2025
Share
SHARE


Police personnel being deployed at the site of the blast which occurred in a Hyundai i20 car near Gate no 1 of the Red Fort Metro station, in New Delhi on November 11.

Police personnel being deployed at the site of the blast which occurred in a Hyundai i20 car near Gate no 1 of the Red Fort Metro station, in New Delhi on November 11.
| Photo Credit: ANI

The Trinamool Congress leadership on Tuesday (November 11, 2025) blamed security lapses by the Union Home Ministry for the blast at Delhi’s Red Fort and demanded the resignation of Union Home Minister Amit Shah. The Trinamool also sought to know why the Prime Minister chose such a delicate moment to visit Bhutan.

They asked that Prime Minister Narendra Modi explain “why diplomacy took precedence over mourning those who died at India’s most sacred symbol of freedom.”

Senior leaders of the party held a press conference in Kolkata and said the blast indicated an “administrative failure on an industrial scale, and a collapse of basic vigilance, and coordination.” An explosion near Red Fort in Delhi on Monday (November 10) killed at least 13 people and left several injured.

“While @narendramodi selfies his way through foreign visits, and @AmitShah treats electioneering as his day job, the responsibility to protect the people has been abandoned. When those entrusted with our security are absent, indifferent, or preoccupied, the cost is paid in blood and fear. And yesterday, that price was exacted on the streets of Delhi. We demand the immediate resignation of the Union Home Minister!,” the West Bengal ruling party posted on its official social media handles.

An explosion in the heart of the National Capital barely 24 hours after 350 kg of explosives were recovered in Faridabad. This is administrative failure on an industrial scale, a collapse of basic vigilance, coordination and accountability that has placed citizens’ lives at risk.… pic.twitter.com/ZbMN5bAjfk

— All India Trinamool Congress (@AITCofficial) November 11, 2025

Grave lapses

Earlier in the day, Trinamool Congress general secretary Abhishek Banerjee, while expressing his condolences over the death of civilians in the blast, said that “it is extremely distressing that such an incident has taken place in the heart of our National Capital.”

“The Delhi Police, which is directly under the Union Home Ministry, bears the primary responsibility for maintaining law and order. How, then, are such grave lapses in security being allowed to occur?” Mr. Banerjee asked, pointing out that only yesterday morning, nearly 350 kg of explosives and an assault rifle were recovered from Faridabad in Haryana.

Later in the day, senior Trinamool Congress leader and Minister Shashi Panja and Barrackpore MP Partha Bhowmick held a press conference raising questions about the track record of the BJP government as far as incidents of terrorist attacks in the country are concerned. They referred to terrorist attacks in Pulwama (2019), Uri and Pathankot (both in 2016), and Pahalgam (2025).

“We are pained at the incident, but we are also a little angry and agitated as we cannot have faith in those who are at the helm of affairs… the Union Home Minister and also the Prime Minister. We do not have faith because the Home Minister is busy with elections, and the Prime Minister has left for Bhutan. How will the country have faith in such times?” Dr. Panja asked.

Published – November 11, 2025 10:27 pm IST





Source link

Sasikala announces her party’s name: All India Puratchi Thalaivar Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam
Opposition seeks arrest of AAP leader in Punjab
Cave-in near Attibele disrupts traffic on Bengaluru–Hosur Road
Kerala High Court orders VACB probe into gold ‘theft’ from Sabarimala flag mast
Doctor molested while walking back home after work in Bengaluru
TAGGED:delhi red fort car blastred fort blast amit shahred fort explosion moditerrorism in indiatrinamool on delhi red fort blast
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

T.N. Assembly Election 2026: Delay in proposed textile park sparks concern among residents of Gudiyatham Assembly constituency

Times Desk
Times Desk
March 30, 2026
Devotees throng Srisailam temple on Mahasivaratri
New study points to alarming degradation of Veli-Akkulam estuary
Dasara attracted a large number of tourists this year: Siddaramaiah
Poor air quality likely the cause of rise in haemoglobin levels among young males
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?