By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Salman Khan house firing case: Anmol Bishnoi seeks to surrender before court for ‘fair trial’
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Salman Khan house firing case: Anmol Bishnoi seeks to surrender before court for ‘fair trial’

India News

Salman Khan house firing case: Anmol Bishnoi seeks to surrender before court for ‘fair trial’

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: July 3, 2026 4:40 am
India Times Now Desk
Published: July 3, 2026
Share
SHARE


Police Security increased outside Salman Khan's house in Bandra. File

Police Security increased outside Salman Khan’s house in Bandra. File
| Photo Credit: Emmanual Yogini

Gangster Anmol Bishnoi, who is currently lodged in Delhi’s Tihar Jail, has moved a plea before a special court in Mumbai, seeking to surrender in the 2024 Salman Khan residence firing case “in the interest of a fair trial and justice”.

Anmol, the younger brother of jailed gangster Lawrence Bishnoi, was deported from the U.S. in November last year and was subsequently arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA).

He was wanted in several sensational cases, including the firing outside Bollywood actor Salman Khan’s Bandra residence, which is being investigated by the Mumbai police.

In the plea filed before a special MCOCA court, Anmol stated that he intended to voluntarily surrender before the court to “face the ongoing trial and join the judicial proceedings in the interest of fair trial and further in the interest of justice”.

He said he was already under the “physical control of law in another (NIA) matter”, and could not physically appear before the court without an appropriate order passed by it. He asserted that, to formally record his surrender and facilitate virtual or physical remand proceedings in the current case, his presence before the court was essential.

Anmol urged the court to issue a production warrant to Tihar jail for his appearance.

“No prejudice will be caused to prosecution. In fact, it will expedite trial and legal proceedings and further prevent misuse of process of law,” his plea said.

The application pointed out that the trial in the case has begun and three witnesses have already been examined in his absence.

Bike-borne individuals, later identified as Vicky Gupta and Sagar Pal, had allegedly carried out the firing outside Salman Khan’s Galaxy Apartment in Bandra on the morning of April 14, 2024.

Gupta, Pal, Sonukumar Bishnoi, Mohammad Rafiq Choudhari and Harpal Singh are currently in judicial custody. One accused, Anujkumar Thapan, committed suicide during police custody.

Lawrence Bishnoi is also a wanted accused in the case.

Published – July 03, 2026 10:10 am IST



Source link

Light rain likely in Delhi-NCR; IMD issues thunderstorm alert for parts of Uttar Pradesh
Three NDA candidates are elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha from northeast
Six-year-old killed as car hits auto, pedestrians in Lucknow; accused held
Goyal holds talks with Saudi Trade Minister on strengthening supply chains
Man allegedly assaulted for Good Samaritan act
TAGGED:Anmol Bishnoi Salman KHanSalman Khan firing caseSalman Khan firing incidentSalman Khan firing newsSalman Khan house firing case
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Police gunning down man at Zaheerabad: HC uphold’s revisional court order declaring it act of private defence

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
September 30, 2025
Dollar slides as US Federal Reserve cuts key rate, Indian stock markets looks for firm opening
A.P. govt. mulling ban social media for children below 16 years: Lokesh
Eagle team arrests ganja smuggler linked to multiple cases
Bose Krishnamachari quit Kochi Biennale following sexual harassment allegation, says foundation
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?