By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: ‘On Screen Marking’ an international norm, says Education Ministry amid concerns over CBSE Class 12 results
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » ‘On Screen Marking’ an international norm, says Education Ministry amid concerns over CBSE Class 12 results

India News

‘On Screen Marking’ an international norm, says Education Ministry amid concerns over CBSE Class 12 results

Times Desk
Last updated: May 17, 2026 8:48 am
Times Desk
Published: May 17, 2026
Share
SHARE


Over 94,000 students scored above 90%, with more than 17,000 candidates securing marks above 95% in the CBSE Class 12 Board results. File

Over 94,000 students scored above 90%, with more than 17,000 candidates securing marks above 95% in the CBSE Class 12 Board results. File
| Photo Credit: ANI

Days after the announcement of CBSE Class 12 results, the Ministry of Education on Sunday (May 17, 2026) said the ‘On Screen Marking’ (OSM) is an internationally accepted norm which enables “transparent evaluation”.

The statement came amid concerns over the OSM evaluation being a reason for scoring less marks.

The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Wednesday (May 13, 2026) released the Class 12 board examination results which recorded a slight dip in the overall pass percentage in 2026 in comparison to last year. The national pass percentage stands at 85.20%, a drop of 3.19% from last year’s 88.39%.

“About 98 lakh sheets were scanned for CBSE class 12 with three levels of security,” the statement said.

The Ministry also announced that the costs for revaluation of the answer sheets have also been reduced to ₹100 from ₹700 and ₹500, respectively. “Students will have the option of revaluation,” said Sanjay Kumar, Secretary, Department of School Education & Literacy (DoSEL).

A total of 17,68,968 students appeared in the CBSE board examinations for Class 12. Over 94,000 students scored above 90%, with more than 17,000 candidates securing marks above 95%.

Among the regions, Trivandrum leads the charts with a staggering 95.62% pass rate, followed closely by Chennai and Bengaluru. Prayagraj in Uttar Pradesh has the lowest pass percentage at 72.43%.

With PTI inputs

Published – May 17, 2026 02:18 pm IST



Source link

TMC welcomes Supreme Court’s intervention on ‘logical discrepancies’ in West Bengal SIR
How deportee was allowed to walk free, asks HC on Suraj Lama missing case
Actor Mammootty meets landslide survivor
AQI deteriorates to hazardous levels for few hours in Hyderabad as Deepavali celebrations light up the night
Logical discrepancy not recognised term under ECI framework, applied only in Bengal: Mamata
TAGGED:CBSE class 12 resultsCBSE class 12 results concernsCBSE On Screen Markingcbse revaluation chargesEducation Ministry on CBSE On Screen Marking
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Watch: Sivaganga custodial death: Truth behind Ajith Kumar’s killing | Focus Tamil Nadu

Times Desk
Times Desk
February 5, 2026
Mangalore University Physical Education Director passes away
Housing for roadside dwellers and traffic solutions are top priorities for Harbour constituency: Minister Sekarbabu
India, Italy announce joint initiative for co-op in combating financing of terrorism as PM Modi meets Meloni
Trump repeats claim he ended conflict between India and Pakistan; said he threatened 200% tariffs on countries
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?