By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: No ‘good news’ yet for Kogilu Layout families, houses to be allotted after Jan. 5 
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » No ‘good news’ yet for Kogilu Layout families, houses to be allotted after Jan. 5 

India News

No ‘good news’ yet for Kogilu Layout families, houses to be allotted after Jan. 5 

Times Desk
Last updated: January 2, 2026 5:20 pm
Times Desk
Published: January 2, 2026
Share
SHARE


According to sources, the eligibility criteria, which will determine how the houses are to be distributed, have not yet been clearly defined, delaying the rehabilitation process.

According to sources, the eligibility criteria, which will determine how the houses are to be distributed, have not yet been clearly defined, delaying the rehabilitation process.
| Photo Credit: SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT

More than 150 families affected by the Kogilu Layout demolition, who were assured by Minority Welfare and Housing Minister B.Z. Zameer Ahmed Khan, that they would receive “good news” on January 1, are yet to be allotted houses, leaving the displaced residents in continued uncertainty.

Sources told The Hindu that the allotment of houses is now expected only after January 5, as the government is still not prepared with a final count of eligible beneficiaries. The sources added that the eligibility criteria, which will determine how the houses are to be distributed, has not yet been clearly defined, delaying the rehabilitation process.

Meanwhile, an NGO that has been working closely with residents of the locality for several years has revised its survey figures, stating that nearly 180 families were affected by the demolition, an increase of 10 families from its earlier estimate. The organisation said these families were not present at the site during the initial post-demolition survey and were therefore missed.

According to the NGO, all 10 families possess the necessary documents to establish their eligibility. To substantiate its claims, the organisation has recorded video testimonies of the affected families and released them publicly, seeking to ensure that they are included in the final list of beneficiaries.

‘Govt diluting promises’

Samyukta Horata Karnataka criticised the government over the demolition of houses, calling it an “inhuman mistake” and warning the government against reneging on its promise to rehabilitate the affected families.

The collective said the government had earlier assured that families whose homes were demolished in Kogilu Layout would be provided houses as a humane gesture for the New Year.

However, it is alleged that the government has now begun diluting this assurance by stating that houses would be given only to those with documents and only to those who are from Karnataka. The organisation demanded that the State provide housing to all families affected by the demolition without discriminating between locals and so-called outsiders.

Published – January 02, 2026 10:50 pm IST



Source link

Kolkata neighbourhoods, citizens, businesses reel under aftermath of flood in Kolkata
APSCHE flags rule violations by higher education institutions
Fire breaks out at Nellore GGH, no casualties reported
Fuel supply eases, exposes shortcomings
Kashmir’s Baramulla district bans use of drones after Army raises alarm 
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Awareness can prevent cancer, says expert

Times Desk
Times Desk
February 4, 2026
UP presents Rs 9.12 lakh crore budget: How does it compare to Pakistan and can it match Indian state’s outlay?
Siddaramaiah launches ‘sixth guarantee’, questions silence of ex-CMs over ‘injustice’ to Karnataka
Tracing Hyderabad’s centuries-old Persian connections
Tree-felling proposal sparks massive backlash; Forest Dept. gets 2,300 objections
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?