By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Manoj Jarange warns of fresh agitation over Maratha quota issue from May 30
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Manoj Jarange warns of fresh agitation over Maratha quota issue from May 30

India News

Manoj Jarange warns of fresh agitation over Maratha quota issue from May 30

Times Desk
Last updated: May 16, 2026 10:37 am
Times Desk
Published: May 16, 2026
Share
SHARE


Maratha quota activist Manoj Jarange. File

Maratha quota activist Manoj Jarange. File
| Photo Credit: ANI

Maratha quota activist Manoj Jarange on Saturday (May 16, 2026) announced an indefinite hunger strike from May 30 over the community’s unfulfilled demands, and gave the Maharashtra government a deadline of May 29 to distribute Kunbi caste certificates in Marathwada.

Speaking to reporters in Antarwali Sarati village, Jalna district, Mr. Jarange demanded the dissolution of the Maratha quota sub-committee, claiming the panel has done nothing for the community, while pressing for a separate ministry for the Maratha and Kunbi communities.

The activist claimed that the State government has completely halted the process of issuing Kunbi caste certificates to Marathas.

“Earlier, we used to get caste certificates, but now they have stopped disbursement. Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has stopped the process. When we asked for certificates according to the Hyderabad gazette, we got a few, but now officials tell us they have been instructed by the government not to issue them,” he alleged.

He further demanded that the state government immediately implement the Satara, Aundh and other gazettes, validate already issued caste certificates, and drop police cases registered against Maratha protesters during previous agitations.

“The government has not implemented the Satara gazette even eight months after its announcement. We cannot give them more time,” he said, giving the government a deadline of May 29 to distribute Kunbi certificates or face agitation from May 30.

Mr. Jarange has been demanding that all Marathas be recognised as Kunbis, an agrarian caste included in the OBC category, which will make them eligible for reservation in government jobs and education.

He further urged community experts and scholars to gather at Antarwali Sarati on May 28 to discuss the state government’s recent policy that bars reserved category candidates from claiming open category seats.

The State cabinet, earlier this week, approved a policy that candidates from reserved categories who avail concessions in competitive examinations, such as age relaxation and educational qualification, will not be eligible to claim appointment against open category posts.

”The government came out with a GR two days back that OBCs cannot claim seats from the open category. Had this decision been taken earlier, the OBC category would not have eaten into our seats. The government has taken the decision now after they (OBCs) have taken our seats,” he said.

Mr. Jarange further claimed that financial assistance schemes for the Maratha community are being intentionally stalled.

“The students of SARTHI are waiting for their scholarships. I have heard that around ₹1,600 to ₹1,800 crore is pending from the government’s side to be given to SARTHI. We will not let these welfare schemes come to a halt,” he said.

Published – May 16, 2026 04:07 pm IST



Source link

Collectors told to form JACs to ensure proper hygiene at welfare hostels in Andhra Pradesh
A battle over the title of ‘Jatipita’
‘Peace is not only a moral imperative, it is an economic necessity’
Farmers clash with police during protest against ethanol factory in Rajasthan
Contractors’ association gives December deadline to government to clear pending bills
TAGGED:Kunbi caste certificatesMaharashtra caste certificatesManoj Jarange strikeMaratha quota issueMaratha quota issue news
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News
EntertainmentMovieMusic

Kareena Kapoor Khan or Karisma Kapoor, who has a bigger net worth?

Times Desk
Times Desk
September 21, 2025
New Year Bonanza! CNG, domestic PNG prices set to drop by up to Rs 3, here’s all you need to know
With only 26% deaths having certified cause, Karnataka keen to enhance rate
Ahmedabad Crime Branch steps up crackdown on cybercrime mule accounts
UDF’s near three-fourths majority marked a historic victory for the Congress-led coalition
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?