By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Kerala CMO interfering in Sabarimala SIT probe through IPS officers, alleges Congress
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Kerala CMO interfering in Sabarimala SIT probe through IPS officers, alleges Congress

India News

Kerala CMO interfering in Sabarimala SIT probe through IPS officers, alleges Congress

Times Desk
Last updated: December 23, 2025 10:10 am
Times Desk
Published: December 23, 2025
Share
SHARE


Leader of the Opposition V.D. Satheesan

Leader of the Opposition V.D. Satheesan
| Photo Credit: PTI

The Congress on Tuesday (December 23, 2025) levelled grave charges against Kerala Chief Minister’s Office (CMO) in connection with the ongoing special investigation team (SIT) probe into the Sabarimala gold loss case and accused it of interfering with the investigation through intermediaries.

While talking to reporters in Thiruvananthapuram, Leader of the Opposition V.D. Satheesan alleged that two IPS officers were assigned by the CMO to “exert intense pressure” on the SIT that probes the case.

He said the Opposition was refraining from naming the officers concerned “only out of propriety”, but warned that he would be compelled to disclose their identities if they did not stop exerting pressure upon investigating officers.

Stressing the need for a sincere and impartial investigation, he said the Opposition was closely monitoring the probe and would point out any lapses in the investigation.

Mr. Satheesan said the investigation would now move forward in the right direction only because of the High Court’s intervention. He clarified that the Opposition had not so far expressed any lack of confidence in the SIT and said he expected “the real culprits” to be brought before the law at the earliest.

Mr. Satheesan said the Opposition would wait for a few more days to assess how the SIT probe progresses and cautioned that the situation should not reach a stage where a CBI investigation becomes inevitable.

He alleged that it was only because the probe was under court scrutiny that it was moving forward to some extent. Otherwise, he claimed, the investigation would have “gone nowhere.”

“Had the probe remained entirely under the government’s control, key accused such as former TDB (Travancore Devaswom Board) chiefs A. Padmakumar and N. Vasu would not have been arrested,” he said.

The SIT is probing the loss of gold and related complaints. Several persons, including two past presidents of the TDB, have been arrested in this regard. The SIT recently told a Vigilance court that Pankaj Bhandari of Smart Creations and Ballari-based jeweller Govardhan Roddam played a central role in a conspiracy to steal gold from artefacts of the Sabarimala temple. The SIT on Friday arrested both Mr. Bhandari and Mr. Roddam.

Published – December 23, 2025 03:40 pm IST



Source link

BJP Mahila Morcha takes out protest march in Belagavi against Congress govt.
T.N. Assembly election 2026: AIADMK releases second list of candidates, retains 25 sitting legislators
CRPF constable, wife arrested in Noida for ‘assaulting’ 10-year-old
Sudden evening showers drench Hyderabad leaving several areas waterlogged
Excluding Awami League from upcoming election will not bring stability to Bangladesh, says party leader in Delhi
TAGGED:sabarimala gold theft probesabarimala gold theft SITsabarimala probe
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

4 members of a family die after allegedly inhaling carbon monoxide in Punganur

Times Desk
Times Desk
March 15, 2026
J&K HC court order on PIL related to undertrials surprising, unfortunate: Mehbooba
Fire tenders rushed after bomb threat to Delhi’s Maulana Azad Medical College
Kerala Devaswom Minister hails ‘constructive’ role of NSS, rejects BJP-RSS suggestion on Vavar at Sabarimala
Flower show at Raja Seat in Jan. or Feb.
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?