By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Cyber police nab Kozhikode trio for alleged role in ₹25-crore fraud
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Cyber police nab Kozhikode trio for alleged role in ₹25-crore fraud

India News

Cyber police nab Kozhikode trio for alleged role in ₹25-crore fraud

Times Desk
Last updated: October 17, 2025 4:04 pm
Times Desk
Published: October 17, 2025
Share
SHARE


The Kochi city cyber police, who are probing a massive cyber fraud in which a city-based pharmaceutical businessman allegedly lost ₹24.76 crore, have arrested three youths from Kozhikode who are suspected to have played a key role in the scam.

The arrested are Rahees P.K., 39, of Koduvally, Ansar V., 39, of Tholamuthamparambu, and Anees Rahman C.K., 25, of Pantheerankavu. The arrest of the trio comes a month after a woman from Kollam, Sujitha G., was arrested in the case. The accused were arrested by a team led by Inspector Shemeerkhan P.A.

“The three have played a crucial role in the chain of activities involved in the crime,” District Police Chief (Kochi City) Putta Vimaladitya said on Friday (October 17). He added that they had handled a number of bank accounts to transact the amount involved in the scam.

“As many as 250 SIM cards, 40 mobile phones, laptops, and debit cards were seized from a flat used by the accused. The police also received details of around 40 bank accounts from them. The accused used to get access to the bank accounts of others on a commission basis. They have taken ₹3.4 lakh from the proceeds of the crime. It is being investigated how long they have been involved in such activities,” the officer added.

Mr. Vimaladitya said the police had received information about two more suspects. The police found that a large portion of the proceeds from the crime had been transferred to bank accounts abroad, and that several persons within the country and abroad were involved in the scam.

On tracing the larger network suspected to be behind the crime, Mr. Vimaladitya said investigators were trying to find out where the fake stock trading website used by the accused to cheat the complainant was hosted. “We haven’t got adequate details, but we have taken steps to get the website blocked,” he said.

Hyderabad links

On earlier reports of suspected involvement of a Hyderabad-based network in the scam, the officer said several bank accounts used in the scam were found to be linked to some people involved in similar crimes in that city. “More investigation is needed in the matter,” he said.

The alleged fraud occurred over two years, between March 2023 and August 2025.

Published – October 17, 2025 09:34 pm IST



Source link

Suvendu Adhikari leads ‘Parivartan Yatra’ rally, demands ‘proper’ execution of SIR in West Bengal
Theatre camp begins in Kozhikode
Maharashtra government announces ₹31,628 crore relief package for flood-affected farmers
‘Alarming rise’ in crimes against women in Bihar since ‘new emperor’ took oath, says Tejashwi Yadav
BJP’s Samrat Choudhary set to take oath as Bihar CM; two JD(U) leaders likely as Deputy CMs
TAGGED:Cyber police nab Kozhikode trio for alleged role in ₹25-crore fraud
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Hanumanala residents protest against closure of village schools by Karnataka govt

Times Desk
Times Desk
February 18, 2026
Thirumavalavan’s dilemma over Cabinet berth stirs debate in VCK
Gunshots fired outside Diljit Dosanjh’s manager’s home in Karnal, Lawrence Bishnoi gang claims responsibility
The Great Indian Kapil Show: All jokes Samay Raina fired at Sunil Pal and Ranveer Allahbadia
Jana Nayagan: Are troubles really over for the makers of Thalapathy Vijay’s film?
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?