By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: CJP Jantar Mantar sit-in day 5: Dipke appears before MeitY panel over blocking of X account
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » CJP Jantar Mantar sit-in day 5: Dipke appears before MeitY panel over blocking of X account

India News

CJP Jantar Mantar sit-in day 5: Dipke appears before MeitY panel over blocking of X account

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: June 24, 2026 3:48 pm
India Times Now Desk
Published: June 24, 2026
Share
SHARE


““MEITY is not sharing details quoting Confidentiality, Government should care about NEET paper confidentiality not X handles,” says CJP’s Abhijeet Dipke said in a post on X. Picture: X/@Cockroachisback

““MEITY is not sharing details quoting Confidentiality, Government should care about NEET paper confidentiality not X handles,” says CJP’s Abhijeet Dipke said in a post on X. Picture: X/@Cockroachisback

The Cockroach Janta Party (CJP) on Wednesday (June 24, 2026) entered the fifth day of its sit-in at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar, with founder Abhijeet Dipke alleging that officials refused to show the order behind the blocking of their social media accounts during a review meeting, citing confidentiality.

Mr. Dipke, who appeared on Wednesday (June 24, 2026) before a committee of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) regarding the withholding of the group’s X account, said the authorities did not explain the reason for the action.

He questioned why similar confidentiality was not maintained in the NEET paper leak case. “Everything is confidential; you should have kept the NEET paper confidential as well. Why did that leak? These suicides would not have happened,” he said.

He alleged that the move aimed at suppressing their voices and claimed officials told them that the accounts were being followed by people in Pakistan. His remarks came a day after Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan accused them of being “B-team of terrorists”.

“Are we asking for votes? We are asking for justice. We are taxpayers, our parents are taxpayers, and you call us terrorists. Are you not ashamed?” Mr. Dipke said.

He also questioned the government’s response, saying, “You called farmers and doctors terrorists. Who is left?”

Targeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Mr. Dipke said, “PM cannot take a resignation and claims to have stopped the Russia-Ukraine war. Can he stop paper leaks?”

He asserted that those responsible for student deaths should be held accountable, saying, “Who is responsible for the suicides? It is Dharmendra Pradhan.”

When asked about a remark by Congress leader Jairam Ramesh, who said that while the CJP is an important vehicle for sending a message of frustration on the part of the youth, ultimately established political parties have to take the issue raised by them forward, Mr. Dipke said, “Political parties can do what they want. We are not here for votes, nor are we here for a political rally… We are here to demand justice.”

The CJP founder, who had earlier said they were ready for dialogue with the government, with Mr. Pradhan’s resignation being the only condition, stated that the government has not contacted them.

“They are calling us terrorists instead,” he quipped.

Mr. Dipke has been leading a sit-in, which entered its fifth day on Wednesday (June 24, 2026), to demand Mr. Pradhan’s resignation over alleged irregularities in exams and the NEET paper-leak controversy, and has refused to leave the protest site.

The CJP took social media by storm soon after its launch on May 16, following a controversy over remarks made by Chief Justice of India (CJI) Surya Kant, which were widely interpreted as him likening unemployed youths to “cockroaches”.

The original X handle of the digital satirical outfit was withheld in India on May 21, following which the group resurfaced with a new handle, ‘Cockroach is Back’.

Published – June 24, 2026 09:18 pm IST



Source link

15 lakh native saplings planted across BDA layouts in mega green drive
Tannery godown near Ambur gutted in fire accident
Experts laud A.P. CM’s vision for Quantum Valley project
IAS officers reshuffled in Tamil Nadu: J. Radhakrishnan, Supriya Sahu transferred
Pedalling for a greener tomorrow
TAGGED:Abhijeet Dipkeabhijeet dipke appears before meitycjp jantar mantar protestscockroach janata party
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Ram Temple donation theft tests VHP’s demand to free temples from state control

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
June 30, 2026
Telangana pays highest salaries to govt employees; junior lineman’s ₹52,000 entry level salary increases to ₹1.91 lakh after 2 decades
Amaravati expansion, irrigation projects likely to dominate A.P. Budget session starting Feb. 11
Kerala Police warn of fake update scam targeting smarphone users
Advanced equipment commissioned at Sri Sathya Sai hospital in Puttaparthi
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?