By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Bombay HC allows Gautam Navlakha to relocate to Delhi, sets strict conditions
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Bombay HC allows Gautam Navlakha to relocate to Delhi, sets strict conditions

India News

Bombay HC allows Gautam Navlakha to relocate to Delhi, sets strict conditions

Times Desk
Last updated: December 17, 2025 7:23 pm
Times Desk
Published: December 17, 2025
Share
SHARE


Human rights activist Gautam Navlakha.

Human rights activist Gautam Navlakha.
| Photo Credit: File photo

The Bombay High Court on Wednesday (December 17, 2025) permitted human rights activist Gautam Navlakha, an accused in the Elgar Parishad–Maoist links case, to shift from Mumbai to his residence in Delhi until the trial concludes.

The court, however, directed that he must attend proceedings before the special NIA court in Mumbai whenever required. 

A Division Bench of Justices Bharati Dangre and Shyam Chandak laid down conditions for the move, including weekly appearance at a local police station in Delhi every Saturday, surrendering his passport, and seeking prior permission from the special court before leaving Delhi. 

“The applicant shall remain present before the special court when charges are framed and thereafter attend all hearings unless exempted,” the Bench said. 

Mr. Navlakha’s counsel, Yug Chaudhary, urged the court to relax the requirement of weekly reporting to once a month, pointing out that the current practice is monthly. The judges declined, observing that while Navlakha is entitled to liberty, “he is not a free man yet.”

On Tuesday, the Bench said that Mr. Navlakha was not a flight risk, noting there had been no attempt to abscond.

Mr. Navlakha was granted bail in 2023 with a condition that he could not leave Mumbai without the trial court’s permission. Earlier this year, he sought approval from the special NIA court to stay in Delhi, citing financial constraints and the slow pace of trial. The plea was rejected, prompting him to approach the High Court.

The NIA has alleged that Mr. Navlakha conspired with leaders of the banned CPI (Maoist) and propagated its ideology. The case stems from speeches delivered at the Elgar Parishad event in Pune on December 31, 2017, which authorities claim incited caste violence at Koregaon-Bhima the following day. Initially investigated by Pune police, the probe was later handed over to the NIA.

Sixteen individuals, including lawyers, activists, and academics, have been arrested in connection with the case. 

Published – December 18, 2025 12:53 am IST



Source link

Nitish Kumar seeks union government help for better upkeep of Kumhrar Park maintained by ASI
Two persons arrested for stealing gold jewellery at Arakkonam railway station
President Murmu rejects mercy plea of man convicted for rape, murder of two-year-old in Maharashtra
At least two Trinamool candidates summoned by central investigating agencies ahead of polls
Last rites of hostage taker Rohit Arya performed in Pune
TAGGED:Bombay High CourtElgar Parishad caseHuman right activist Gautam Navlakha
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

TVK’s Tirupattur MLA, who won by one vote, not to take part in trust vote in Assembly: Madras High Court

Times Desk
Times Desk
May 13, 2026
Market Opening Bell: Sensex surges 550 points, Nifty near 25,300 after Trump calls off Greenland-related tariffs
T.N. government’s Anna Medal for Gallantry awarded to fire services personnel, late braveheart for saving lives from drowning
Toxic gas leaks from Palghar chemical unit; 2,600 evacuated, 3 persons complain of eye irritation
Shiv Pratap Shukla is new Telangana Governor
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?