By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Armstrong case: Madras High Court orders retired govt. doctor to be included in team conducting autopsy on Nagendran’s body
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Armstrong case: Madras High Court orders retired govt. doctor to be included in team conducting autopsy on Nagendran’s body

India News

Armstrong case: Madras High Court orders retired govt. doctor to be included in team conducting autopsy on Nagendran’s body

Times Desk
Last updated: October 10, 2025 10:13 am
Times Desk
Published: October 10, 2025
Share
SHARE


P. Nagendran

P. Nagendran
| Photo Credit: Special Arrangement

The Madras High Court on Friday (October 10, 2025) rejected a plea made by N. Visalakshi, widow of P. Nagendran — the prime accused in the murder of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader K. Armstrong — to include a doctor of her choice in a team to be constituted for conducting the post-mortem on her husband’s body.

Justice N. Sathish Kumar, however, ordered that a retired Dean of Kilpauk Medical College Hospital be included in the team of government forensic experts to be constituted for conducting the post-mortem on the body of the accused, who died at Government Stanley Hospital in Chennai on Thursday (October 9).

The judge also ordered that the entire procedure be recorded on video and that the viscera must be preserved for analysis by the forensic sciences department. The orders were passed on an urgent petition moved by the wife of the deceased, accusing the police of not admitting her ailing husband to a private hospital.

Additional Public Prosecutor (APP) K.M.D. Muhilan told the court the accused was involved in many criminal cases and that he was serving life sentence at Puzhal Central Prison in another murder case at the time of his formal arrest in connection with the Armstrong murder case.

As the convict was suffering from multiple health complications, he was treated as an in-patient at the Christian Medical College Hospital in Vellore between January 30, 2025, and April 22, 2025, and was thereafter receiving regular medical care as an outpatient at the same hospital.

A Division Bench of Justices M.S. Ramesh and V. Lakshminarayanan on August 13, 2025, directed the prison officials to move the convict to a private hospital at Chromepet in Chennai, as requested by his wife, as the medical records revealed that he required a living donor live transplantation.

Though the prison officials approached the private hosptial for admitting the convict, the hosptial authorities expressed certain difficulties in admitting him because the doctors who had treated him previously were not attached with the hospital anymore. Therefore, he was treated at the Stanley Hospital, the APP said.

Published – October 10, 2025 03:43 pm IST



Source link

250 students get job placements in mega recruitment drive
KMRL gets nod to seek ₹1016-cr. loan for Kochi metro phase-2
Jharkhand Minister offers job, flat to Bihar doctor after hijab row
‘Celebrity candidate’ makes way for local leader in Kallai
India’s first private sector helicopter final assembly line inaugurated near Kolar in Karnataka
TAGGED:armstrong murder casep nagendranp nagendran deathp nagendran postmortem
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Two arrested for social media posts attempting to incite inter-State tension

Times Desk
Times Desk
January 19, 2026
Indian cricketers not shaking hands with Pakistani counterparts is ‘dadagiri’ by BJP, alleges Raut
Subhas Chandra Bose: the paradox of a revolutionary’s theory and praxis
Government proposes to exempt award given by Motor Accident Claims Tribunal from income tax
Rubber rally breaks records, but growers cautious
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?