By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: All set for Golbal Ayyappa Sangamam at Pampa tomorrow
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » All set for Golbal Ayyappa Sangamam at Pampa tomorrow

All set for Golbal Ayyappa Sangamam at Pampa tomorrow

krutikadalvibiz
Last updated: September 18, 2025 1:10 pm
krutikadalvibiz
Published: September 18, 2025
Share
SHARE


All arrangements have been completed for the Global Ayyappa Sangamam at Pampa on Saturday, where discussions will focus on transforming Sabarimala into a global pilgrimage destination.

Addressing the media on Thursday, Devaswom Minister V. N. Vasavan said the cost of the conclave is estimated at ₹7 crore, which will be funded entirely through sponsorships.

The Minister confirmed the participation of several community organisations, including Nair Service Society vice-president M. Sangeeth Kumar and Sree Narayana Dharma Paripalana (SNDP) Yogam general secretary Vellappally Natesan, besides Sabarimala tantri Mahesh Mohanaru, Pandalam Palace secretary M.R. Suresh Varma, among others. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan will inaugurate the conclave, to be also attended by two Ministers representing the Government of Tamil Nadu. Although representatives of the Union government have been invited, no confirmation has been received so far.

“The event is a first of its kind, providing devotees of Lord Ayyappa a platform to share their ideas for the development of the Sabarimala temple. After due consultation with experts, these ideas will be compiled and used to frame a comprehensive development policy for the hill shrine,” the Minister said.

Out of more than 5,000 registrations received, 3,500 participants have been shortlisted. Discussions will be held in three parallel sessions. The first session will focus on the Sabarimala master plan, which includes development projects worth over ₹1,000 crore. The second session will deal with pilgrimage tourism, while the third will address crowd management. The master plan will also be presented at the conclave, with sponsorship support expected for its execution as well.

The larger vision behind the event is to elevate Sabarimala into a global pilgrimage destination. “Even in the previous pilgrimage season alone, the temple received about 5.16 million devotees, and it continues to attract large numbers during the monthly puja periods. These figures themselves testify to Sabarimala’s immense potential as a global spiritual centre,” the Minister added.

Beyond seeking the support of Ayyappa devotees and showcasing investment opportunities for infrastructure development, the event also aims to create a database of devotees from across the world and build a platform to facilitate their travel, return, and access to help desks. Developing the potential of pilgrimage tourism while preserving the traditions and customs of the shrine remains a key objective.

Arrangements have also been made for accommodation and transport, including 25 low-floor buses provided by the Kerala State Road Transport Corporation. Nearly 1,000 police personnel have been deployed in the area to ensure security and smooth conduct of the event.

Notwithstanding a declaration by the Minister, the uncertainty on whether representatives of the Pandalam Place will take part in the event as the State government is yet to respond to the key demands put forth by the palace as a pre-condition for attending the event.

Published – September 18, 2025 06:31 pm IST



Source link

Conquerable by devotees – The Hindu
At 3°C, Delhi wakes up to coldest January morning in 3 years
Tamil Nadu: How Scheduled Castes in Tirunelveli empowered themselves by establishing schools
Identify vacancies, coordinate if project spans two or more corporation limits: GBA Chief Commissioner
Sexual assault case: Chargesheet filed against former Kerala MLA and filmmaker P.T. Kunju Muhammed
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Over 17,000 factories registered in nine years of Yogi rule, shows data

Times Desk
Times Desk
March 31, 2026
Anbumani urges T.N. government to meet demands of guest lecturers
Norms relaxed for schools located along National, State highways
Hearing on disqualification petitions against four MLAs to resume tomorrow
Telangana police launch ‘Operation Crackdown’ to dismantle cybercrime networks
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?