By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Kerala seeks ₹700-crore package from Centre for tourism development 
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Kerala seeks ₹700-crore package from Centre for tourism development 

India News

Kerala seeks ₹700-crore package from Centre for tourism development 

Times Desk
Last updated: October 9, 2025 4:57 am
Times Desk
Published: October 9, 2025
Share
SHARE


Tourism Minister Mohamed Riyas says Kerala’s wish list for tourism development includes a ₹100-crore scheme each for the modernisation of Kovalam, Varkala, and Kappil beaches. 

Tourism Minister Mohamed Riyas says Kerala’s wish list for tourism development includes a ₹100-crore scheme each for the modernisation of Kovalam, Varkala, and Kappil beaches. 

Kerala’s Tourism Minister P.A. Mohamed Riyas has sought a ₹700-crore package from the Centre for the development of the State’s tourism. 

Speaking to reporters in New Delhi after meeting Union Minister for Tourism Rajendra Singh Shekhawat on Thursday (October 9, 2025), Mr. Riyas said Kerala’s wish list for tourism development included a ₹100-crore scheme each for the modernisation of Kovalam, Varkala, and Kappil beaches. 

He said the State also aspired for a National Institute of Water Sports at Beypore in Kozhikode, and pleasure cruise terminals in Kochi and Kollam.

He said Kerala government will organise an international wellness conclave to transform the State into a global destination for health tourism. Kerala hoped to invite Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate the conclave. The government would set a date that does not conflict with the impending local body elections’ code of conduct, Mrs Riyas said.  

He thanked Mr. Shekhawat for allocating six tourism projects for Kerala. “The Centre has allocated ₹376 crore for each project. It’s not a small outlay and will give a leg-up to Kerala’s tourism initiatives”, he added. 

Mr. Riyas said Mr. Shekhawat lauded Kerala for its responsible tourism initiatives and also increasing footfalls of tourists, both domestic and international. 

NH-66 development

Later in the day, Mr. Riyas is set to accompany Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan for an interaction with Union Minister for Road Transport and National Highways Nitin Gadkari. 

Mr. Riyas said the meeting would review the development of NH-66 in Kerala.

“So far, the National Highways Authority of India has completed 444 km of NH-66. Kerala is racing to complete the highway development by December. There are specific issues in certain areas, including Vadakara, that both the Centre and the State must resolve expeditiously. Currently, the NHAI and the State government are working in tandem to address problems in every 10 km of the NH 66”, he said. 

Published – October 09, 2025 10:27 am IST



Source link

103 firemen terminated over ‘compromised process of recruitment’ in J&K
More Karnataka Congress legislators backing Shivakumar travel to Delhi
Air India’s Toronto-Delhi flight gets bomb threat; flight lands safely in national capital
Revanth attends dinner hosted by Modi
Caste row over Dalit woman’s engagement at anganwadi centre in Odisha resolved, says official
TAGGED:kerala tourismkerala tourism development
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Kathawate Mayur Ashok assumes charge Guntur Municipal Corporation Commissioner

Times Desk
Times Desk
January 17, 2026
AIADMK to stage agitation against DMK govt. over the alleged irregularities in SIR
CM Revanth Reddy Presents Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Award to Salman Khurshid
Five convicted in 2016 Una flogging case; Gujarat court to announce punishment
Haq: MP High Court dismisses plea by Shah Bano’s daughter against Emraan Hashmi, Yami Gautam starrer
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?