By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Coast Guard steps up search for eight fishermen missing off Konaseema, Andhra Pradesh
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Coast Guard steps up search for eight fishermen missing off Konaseema, Andhra Pradesh

India News

Coast Guard steps up search for eight fishermen missing off Konaseema, Andhra Pradesh

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: August 18, 2026 11:22 am
India Times Now Desk
Published: August 18, 2026
Share
SHARE


A joint search operation by the Navy and the Coast Guard is underway to locate fishermen who went missing at sea off the Konaseema coast. File

A joint search operation by the Navy and the Coast Guard is underway to locate fishermen who went missing at sea off the Konaseema coast. File
| Photo Credit: ANI

The Indian Coast Guard’s Kakinada and Visakhapatnam units have stepped up their search for the fishing boat MO 135, which has been missing since August 7 with eight fishermen on board during a deep-sea fishing trip off the Andhra Pradesh coast.

On August 3, the eight fishermen set out in the mechanised boat from the Odalarevu fish landing centre in Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Konaseema district in search of tuna. They last spoke to their families by phone on August 7, when they said they were moving towards the Odisha coast; they were due back on August 10. Their absence came to light after their families alerted the officials concerned on August 17.

The fishermen on board include Karri Ramudu, K. Ramakrishna, S. Thatharao, Esudasu, Palepu Santarao and Kollati Srinivas, all of Odalarevu village in the district. The remaining two belong to Kakinada.

At a joint press conference here on Tuesday (August 18, 2026), District Collector R. Mahesh Kumar said: “The Indian Coast Guard’s Kakinada and Visakhapatnam units are engaged in the search operation, in which they shared the details of MO 135 boat and fisherfolk with their ships on the sail in the Bay of Bengal.”

“The fishing boats that are engaged in deep-sea fishing from Kakinada and Uppada fish landing points have also been communicated about the missing MO 135,” Mr. Mahesh Kumar said.

Superintendent of Police Rahul Meena said a missing case had been filed at the Allavaram police station. “We are coordinating the search operation with the Indian Coast Guard, AP Marine police and the fishing boats in the sea,” he said.

Provisions until August 20

The boat carried 1,000 litres of diesel against the 600 the trip needed, and food and rice enough for 17 days, which the Fisheries Department says should last until August 20. It has a VHF radio set, and the crew had mobile phones. Fishing boats working out of Kakinada, Bhairavapalem, Visakhapatnam and Paradip have been asked to report anything they see, and the State Disaster Management Authority has been alerted.

Published – August 18, 2026 04:51 pm IST



Source link

Delhi court acquits husband, in-laws in dowry death case
NEET-UG examination 2026: One suspect arrested from Nashik
Nearly 75% of small industries face closure risk under labour codes: JCTU
347 police recruits pass out at Muttikulangara
Law Minister to withdraw PIL against constitution of Fact Check Unit
TAGGED:Andhra Pradesh fishermenandhra pradesh fishermen rescuedkonaseema districtkonaseema fishermen missing coast guard search
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News
CryptocurrencyFinance ₹Investment

NYC Mayor Mamdani knocked Ken Griffin in pied-a-terre tax promo. His firm calls the move ‘shameful’

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
April 23, 2026
Kavitha claims money in BRS accounts is from quid pro quo deals
CSL delivers second ice-class vessel to German firm
Chinese internet tech ramp up AI spend. Who could benefit
Mysuru hospitals plan free health camps across city on November 14
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?