By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Special team formed to trace missing 17-year-old
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Special team formed to trace missing 17-year-old

India News

Special team formed to trace missing 17-year-old

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: August 17, 2026 11:10 am
India Times Now Desk
Published: August 17, 2026
Share
SHARE


A special investigation team has been formed to trace 17-year-old Sivasurya of Chokli, who has been missing for 10 days, with a police team reaching Mysuru as part of the search and planning to proceed to Bengaluru.

The investigation is being conducted under the supervision of Thalassery ASP Dr. M. Nandagopan. Chokli SI R. Ragesh is in charge of the probe. The eight-member special team was formed after the initial investigation by Chokli police failed to yield any clues.

The police reached Mysuru based on information shared by Sivasurya’s family that he might have travelled there. The family had earlier told police that the boy, who had left home saying he was going to Kashi, could possibly have gone to Mysuru.

Sivasurya left his home last Saturday, reportedly following an argument over a mobile phone that had been taken away from him. Two people saw him walking towards Poomaram junction after leaving home. He was seen moving quickly after 12.45 pm on August 8, carrying his school bag. Neighbours said nothing appeared unusual at the time. However, none of the CCTV cameras at the junction captured his movements, adding to the difficulty in tracing him.

Before the special team was formed, Chokli police had conducted searches in Ottapalam, Shoranur, and Kozhikode, but failed to find any leads. With the search making little progress, the investigation was handed over to the special team under the Thalassery ASP.

Published – August 17, 2026 04:40 pm IST



Source link

India to hold tri-Service exercise in Arunachal’s Mechuka
Two migrant workers attacked by unidentified men in Sivaganga
Shoolagiri wetland turns into toxic bed of industrial waste
TVK chief Vijay should be given opportunity to prove majority in Tamil Nadu Assembly: Jammu & Kashmir CM Omar Abdullah
Delhi riot was not spontaneous but pre-planned, Solicitor General tells Supreme Court
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News
EntertainmentMovieMusic

Jailer 2: Shah Rukh Khan to finally share screen with Rajinikanth? Here’s what Mithun Chakraborty said

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
December 26, 2025
Kerala Budget charts plan to make State a leading ‘unified Port City’
Kangana Ranaut takes U-turn on Gen Z, hails them as country’s ‘biggest strength’ after CJP remarks row
Home Minister directs police to combat hate speech
RiNK Initiative by KLE CTIE at the Mundhe Banni Startup Meetup
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?