By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Ketan Agarwal murder: Fiancée kept victim’s phone with her for some time
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Ketan Agarwal murder: Fiancée kept victim’s phone with her for some time

India News

Ketan Agarwal murder: Fiancée kept victim’s phone with her for some time

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: July 1, 2026 10:21 am
India Times Now Desk
Published: July 1, 2026
Share
SHARE


Accused Siya Goyal taken to be produced before the court in relation to the Ketan Agarwal murder case, in Lonavala on June 29, 2026.

Accused Siya Goyal taken to be produced before the court in relation to the Ketan Agarwal murder case, in Lonavala on June 29, 2026.
| Photo Credit: ANI

Pune realtor Ketan Agarwal’s mobile phone remained in the possession of his fianceé Siya Goyal for some time before she handed it over to his family, police said on Wednesday (July 1, 2026), citing the investigation into the alleged murder case.

Agarwal was allegedly pushed to death from a cliff at the Lohagad Fort in Pune district on June 18 by Goyal (20) and her alleged lover Chetan Chaudhary (22). Agarwal and Goyal were set to marry in November this year.

Following the alleged murder, Goyal and Chaudhary were arrested and have been remanded in police custody till July 3.

Seeking an extension of the duo’s police custody on Monday (June 30, 2026), the prosecution informed the court that investigators wanted to ascertain whether Goyal had deleted or destroyed any evidence from Agarwal’s phone during the period the device remained with her.

Meanwhile, Pune Rural police on Wednesday (July 1, 2026) recreated the crime scene with co-accused Chaudhary, who allegedly played a role in the conspiracy to murder Agarwal.

Police took Chaudhary to Lohgad Fort, where the sequence of events was recreated as part of the investigation, a Pune Rural police official said.

The police had conducted a similar crime scene reconstruction with Goyal on Sunday (June 28, 2026), during which a dummy was pushed off the cliff in her presence.

According to a police official, the investigation has shown that Agarwal’s mobile phone came into Goyal’s possession after he was allegedly pushed off the cliff at the historical site.

“She later handed over the phone to his family. We are investigating whether any crucial evidence was deleted or tampered with while the phone was in her possession,” he added.

Earlier, police had said that Ketan Agarwal’s father Vishal Agarwal mentioned in his complaint that his son had repeatedly voiced concerns about Goyal’s closeness to Chaudhary, saying she often mentioned the latter’s name in their conversations.

According to police, Goyal had earlier sabotaged their planned pre-wedding trip to Bali, Indonesia.

Published – July 01, 2026 12:45 pm IST



Source link

President Murmu to confer Padma awards on June 23
MPs of Left parties question delimitation, back women’s reservation
Stand-up comedians who cross limits need to be taught lesson: Sena MLC to bring motion in House
Patnaik seeks ‘humane banking administration’ after tribal man carries sister’s skeleton to bank
75 years ago, 22 Communist prisoners were shot dead in Salem Central Jail during riots
TAGGED:Ketan Agarwal FiancéeKetan Agarwal murderKetan Agarwal phoneSiya Goyal
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Punjab official’s death: Autopsy to be conducted in Amritsar

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
March 24, 2026
Vijay keen on contesting from Assembly segment in north Chennai, says Aadhav Arjuna
IAF to participate in Exercise Pitch Black 2026 in Australia from July 20 to August 7
Kerala moves closer to seaplane dream as Centre awards routes
Telangana second only to Karnataka in cyber crimes; Hyderabad among worst-hit metros
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?