By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Sudha Kongara moves Madras HC to prevent release of ‘Idhayam Murali’ over ‘Parasakthi’ movie payment dispute
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Sudha Kongara moves Madras HC to prevent release of ‘Idhayam Murali’ over ‘Parasakthi’ movie payment dispute

India News

Sudha Kongara moves Madras HC to prevent release of ‘Idhayam Murali’ over ‘Parasakthi’ movie payment dispute

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: June 30, 2026 10:15 am
India Times Now Desk
Published: June 30, 2026
Share
SHARE


Contents
  • Initial agreement
  • Renumeration
  • To recover dues
Sudha Kongara. File

Sudha Kongara. File
| Photo Credit: The Hindu

Film director Sudha Kongara has moved the Madras High Court to restrain the release of actor Atharvaa-starrer Idhayam Murali on July 10, 2026, since the movie’s director, Aakash Baskaran, who was also the producer of Sivakarthikeyan-starrer Parasakthi had reportedly not paid her dues to the tune of ₹8.39 crore.

Justice K. Kumaresh Babu, on Tuesday (June 30), heard preliminary submissions advanced by advocates Nithyaesh Natraj and Vaibhav R. Venkatesh for Ms. Kongara and her celebrity management company Undertow Professional Services Private Limited since they had approached the court jointly.

The judge also heard the preliminary arguments of senior counsel P.H. Arvindh Pandian for Mr. Baskaran’s production firm Dawn Pictures Private Limited, previously known as Akra Entertainment Private Limited, and granted time till July 8 for the respondent to file its written submissions.

In his affidavit, Ms. Kongara’s husband, Kongara Nagarjuna Siva Prasad, who was also the director of Undertow Professional Services, said that his wife is a distinguished and celebrated film director and screenplay writer of international repute and she has made many critically-acclaimed films.

Initial agreement

On June 30, 2021, Ms. Kongara had entered into a director’s agreement with actor Suriya’s 2D Entertainment Private Limited for making a film titled Purananooru. However, the agreement was terminated by mutual consent after a few years but the rights of the script continued to vest with 2D Entertainment.

Dawn Pictures had acquired the rights and entered into fresh director’s agreement with Ms. Kongara on July 2, 2024. Since the director had appointed Undertow Professional Services as the facilitator, Mr. Siva Prasad too had signed the tripartite agreement under which parties agreed to several terms.

Renumeration

As per the agreement, Dawn Pictures had to pay a total remuneration of ₹15 crore, in different tranches, to the facilitator for the services rendered by the director. Initially, ₹3 crore had to be paid upon signing of the agreement, followed by ₹1.5 crore on commencement of shooting, ₹3 crore on 50% completion of shooting and so on.

Claiming that the director had strictly adhered to the timelines by commencing the shooting in August 2024 and the principal photography in January 2025, Mr. Siva Prasad said that the dubbing was completed in November 2025 and the first copy was delivered in December 2025. The movie, renamed Parasakthi, also got released on January 9, 2026, as per schedule.

However, he complained that the production house did not make some of the payments on time and defaulted on a few others. It was also brought to the notice of the court that the director was entitled to a 15% of the share of profits from the exploitation of Parasakthi as per the bonus clause of the agreement.

Intending to initiate arbitration proceedings for recovering the dues, the applicants said, Dawn Pictures had no identifiable tangible assets such as immovable properties, plants or machineries that could be taken as security until the conclusion of the proceedings.

To recover dues

The paid-up share capital of Dawn Pictures was also only ₹3.10 crore as against the present claim of ₹8.39 crore. Therefore, there was no other way but to deal with the production firm’s next project, Idhayam Murali, to secure the dues to the applicants pending arbitration proceedings, the court was informed.

Published – June 30, 2026 03:03 pm IST



Source link

National Family Health Survey-6 to be released shortly
Layout approval given after considering conservation areas, says TGIIC
Adults can be in live-in relationship even without attaining marriageable age: Rajasthan HC
Telangana IPS reshuffling Sep 2025 | Sajjanar is new Hyderabad Police Commissioner, Charu Sinha is ACB DG
Introduce UG, PG, research courses in natural farming: ICAR to universities
TAGGED:Idhayam Murali movie releaseSudha Kongarasudha kongara casesudha kongara madras high courtsudha kongara parasakthi movie paymentsudha kongara payment due
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News
FashionLifestyleTravelVacation

Think sunglasses are just fashion? Here’s what they’re really doing

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
May 1, 2026
Watch: Shilpa Rao Wins National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer for ‘Chaleya’
Gazetted teachers’ association deliberates on key challenges faced by degree college faculty
Akansha Ranjan Kapoor marries filmmaker Sharan Sharma, shares pics from intimate civil wedding | Entertainment
Man ends life after killing live-in partner in Bengaluru
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?