By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Congress claims Instagram blocked Rahul Gandhi’s reel and photo post featuring Vijay due to MeitY rules
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Congress claims Instagram blocked Rahul Gandhi’s reel and photo post featuring Vijay due to MeitY rules

India News

Congress claims Instagram blocked Rahul Gandhi’s reel and photo post featuring Vijay due to MeitY rules

Times Desk
Last updated: May 10, 2026 6:07 pm
Times Desk
Published: May 10, 2026
Share
SHARE


Newly-elected Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and TVK chief C. Joseph Vijay with Congress MP and Lok Sabha LoP Rahul Gandhi during the former’s swearing-in ceremony at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Chennai on May 10, 2026.

Newly-elected Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and TVK chief C. Joseph Vijay with Congress MP and Lok Sabha LoP Rahul Gandhi during the former’s swearing-in ceremony at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Chennai on May 10, 2026.
| Photo Credit: PTI

The Congress on Sunday (May 10, 2026) claimed that Instagram has “blocked” Rahul Gandhi’s reel and photo post featuring him and actor-politician Vijay due to the rules of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), even as government sources denied the charge.

Sources in the MeitY clarified that it had nothing to do with the action and it was because the platform’s internal system mistakenly flagged the post for blocking.

Mr. Gandhi was in Chennai on Sunday (May 10, 2026) to attend the oath-taking ceremony of Vijay as the Tamil Nadu chief minister and later shared several pictures with the actor-politician on social media.

In a post on X, Congress leader and Mr. Gandhi’s aide Srivatsa claimed that Instagram has “blocked Gandhi’s reel and pictures post featuring him and Thalapathy Vijay at today’s swearing-in ceremony”.

The viral reel had gathered 12 million views in less than an hour, while the viral picture post had already reached 46 million people, Mr. Srivatsa.

Instagram has blocked LOP Rahul Gandhi’s reel and pictures post featuring him and Thalapathy Vijay at today’s swearing-in ceremony.

The viral reel had gathered 12 million views in less than a hour and the viral pics post had already reached 46 million people.

Meta cites no…

— Srivatsa (@srivatsayb) May 10, 2026

“Meta cites no reason as to why his account has become inaccessible. The ‘glitch’ is because of MEITY rules! Rahul Gandhi’s social media accounts have been suppressed for a long time. His X reach, YouTube views, and Insta followers have all been suppressed,” he alleged.

This is how India’s opposition leader’s voice is curtailed, Mr. Srivatsa added.

Responding to the claims, sources in the MeitY said it has been wrongly claimed by certain social media handles that certain posts of the leader of the opposition were restricted by the ministry.

“It is clarified that MeitY had nothing to do with this action. It was because of the platform’s own internal system mistakenly flagging the post for blocking, which has now been restored,” a source in the Ministry said.

Published – May 10, 2026 11:36 pm IST





Source link

Odisha Police widen probe into recruitment scam
Netherlands PM Dick Schoof to visit Bengaluru’s AI-driven traffic system ASTraM
Much-awaited flyover at Madhya Kailash junction set to ease flow of traffic
Kerala’s new United Democratic Front government will publish White Paper on State finances: Chief Minister V.D. Satheesan
BJP has not prioritised cultural heritage: Archaeologist K.K. Muhammed
TAGGED:Congress Vijay insta post blockMinistry of Electronics and Information TechnologyRahul Gandhi Vijay instagram blockRahul Gandhi's post featuring Vijay
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Will consider high-speed rail if State interested, says Union Minister

Times Desk
Times Desk
February 6, 2026
Sholay: The Final Cut re-released in 4K with original ending restored
ACB records five DA cases and 50 trap cases in first quarter of 2026
Karnataka’s Stamps and Registrations Department sees revenue up, but target not met
12 country-made bombs seized in Kerala’s Kannur
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?