By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Goa nightclub fire: Court denies bail to Luthra brothers in forgery case
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Goa nightclub fire: Court denies bail to Luthra brothers in forgery case

India News

Goa nightclub fire: Court denies bail to Luthra brothers in forgery case

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: March 28, 2026 7:22 am
India Times Now Desk
Published: March 28, 2026
Share
SHARE


Gaurav Luthra and Saurabh Luthra, co-owners of Goa's Birch by Romeo Lane nightclub where a massive fire killed 25 people. File

Gaurav Luthra and Saurabh Luthra, co-owners of Goa’s Birch by Romeo Lane nightclub where a massive fire killed 25 people. File
| Photo Credit: PTI

A court in Goa has rejected the anticipatory bail pleas of Saurabh Luthra and Gaurav Luthra, owners of the fire-ravaged Birch by Romeo Lane nightclub, in a case involving the alleged forgery of documents to obtain an excise licence.

The additional sessions court in Mapusa on Friday (March 27, 2026) rejected the petition filed by the brothers, their advocate Parag Rao said.

The Luthras owned Birch by Romeo Lane nightclub in Arpora village of North Goa, where a fire broke out on December 6, 2025, killing 25 people and injuring 50 others.

The brothers, who had fled to Thailand after the fire and were deported from that nation on December 17, are currently in Colvale central jail in North Goa.

While the Anjuna police were investigating the duo in connection with the fire, the Mapusa police registered a case of forgery, accusing them of providing forged documents to obtain a licence from the excise department for the nightclub.

Talking to reporters, advocate Rao said the judge announced that both their anticipatory bail applications were rejected.

“We are yet to get the detailed judgment. We will have to study the order. We were not expecting it to be rejected,” he said.

He further pointed out that Ajay Gupta, another owner of the ill-fated nightclub, had been granted bail by the court in connection with the fire and the same forgery case.

Rao said the brothers had contended that the alleged false documents were with the police, so the authorities don’t require their custody in the case.

He said that his clients had not applied for the documents, which were allegedly forged.

The health officer of Candolim Health Centre (North Goa) had registered a case against the Luthras, claiming that they had forged his signature to create a fake No Objection Certificate (NOC) and submitted it to the excise department to get a licence for the nightclub.

Published – March 28, 2026 12:52 pm IST



Source link

Former Minister Vaigaichelvan quits AIADMK
‘Where the relationship ends in a break-up, the man is in the lock-up,’ observes Karnataka High Court
ISRO-SCTIMST sign pact for research in space medicine, Bioastronautics
Minister Shivanand Patil confident of ending sugarcane price deadlock in Karnataka
Kerala Governor gives assent to Seshadrinathan’s appointment as State Election Commissioner
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

TIMS Sanathnagar inauguration set for June; Telangana Health Minister reviews trial run

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
May 12, 2026
From 80 kg to 63 kg: Fitness influencer shares everything she ate to lose 17 kg
U.S. visas of Indian executives revoked over ‘drug trafficking’
Supreme Court denies bail to Haryana travel blogger accused of spying for Pakistan
Digital arrest scam: Tirupati police arrest eight for cheating elderly citizen of ₹80 lakh
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?