By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Red Fort blast: Delhi court extends judicial custody of 7 accused till January 8
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Red Fort blast: Delhi court extends judicial custody of 7 accused till January 8

India News

Red Fort blast: Delhi court extends judicial custody of 7 accused till January 8

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: December 24, 2025 11:24 am
India Times Now Desk
Published: December 24, 2025
Share
SHARE


File image of an accused being brought to the Patiala House Court.

File image of an accused being brought to the Patiala House Court.
| Photo Credit: PTI

A Delhi court on Wednesday (December 24, 2025) extended the judicial custody of seven accused in the Red Fort blast case by 15 days.

The court remanded Adeel Rather, Muzammil Ganaie, Shaheen Saeed, Maulvi Irfan Ahmed Wagay, Jasir Bilal Wani, Amir Rashid Ali and Soyab in judicial custody for 15 more days.

Earlier, the three doctors and Wagay were sent to 12 days of judicial custody on December 12. Ali and Wani were remanded in 14 days of judicial custody on December 10. Soyab was sent to five days of judicial custody on December 19.

The National Investigation Agency (NIA) produced the seven accused at the Patiala House Court amid tight security on Wednesday (December 24, 2025), upon the expiry of their previous judicial custody period.

Mediapersons were barred from covering the proceedings.

The seven accused were produced before Additional Sessions Judge Prashant Sharma, who remanded all of them in judicial custody till January 8.

PTI had earlier reported that the sophisticated terror module spearheaded by a group of doctors was actively scouting for a suicide bomber since last year, with Umar-un-Nabi being the alleged key planner.

Umar-un-Nabi was driving the explosive-laden Hyundai i20 car that detonated outside the Red Fort on November 10.

Ali was arrested on November 16 for allegedly facilitating the purchase of a car that was eventually used as a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device (IED) to trigger the blast near the Mughal-era monument.

Wani was arrested on November 17 for allegedly providing technical support to carry out the terror attack by modifying drones and attempting to make rockets ahead of the blast. Wani allegedly admitted during his questioning that he had come across the “doctor module” in October last year at a mosque in Kashmir’s Kulgam, officials said.

Soyab was arrested on November 26 for allegedly providing logistical support to Umar-un-Nabi prior to the blast.

The NIA also arrested Dr. Naseer Bilal Malla from Delhi on December 9, calling him a key accused in the conspiracy. He was accused of harbouring Umar-un-Nabi, providing him with logistical support and destroying evidence related to the terror attack.

On December 18, the NIA arrested the ninth accused in the case, Yasir Ahmad Dar, a Jammu and Kashmir resident and allegedly a close associate of Umar-un-Nabi. An active participant in the conspiracy, Dar had allegedly taken an oath to carry out self-sacrificial operations, the agency said.

Published – December 24, 2025 04:54 pm IST



Source link

Device with low-grade explosives found inside private hospital in Pune; ATS joins probe
NABARD pegs credit potential for Cuddalore district at ₹27,434.05 crore
AMMA crisis: Let people with conviction and empathy lead the association, says actor Ansiba Hassan
People’s March contributes to Congress’s people-centric governance, accessibility to govt fully ensured: Bhatti on three years of padayatra
Uncle’s kidney donation gives second life to 25-year-old techie
TAGGED:Delhi court remands accusednational investigation agencyPatiala House Courtred fort blast
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

T.N.’s first BRTS integrated elevated corridor proposed on GST Road, from Kilambakkam to Mahindra World City

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
October 19, 2025
Aadhaar–PAN linking deadline: What happens if you miss December 31 and step-by-step guide to link them
Natural farming can make agriculture profitable and sustainable, says Minister
Scheduled Caste youth dies in police custody in Sivaganga, family alleges torture
T.N. election: Even as parties promise host of schemes, farmers worried about future of agriculture
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?