By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Hoax bomb threat to Vice President C.P. Radhakrishnan’s residence in Chennai
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Hoax bomb threat to Vice President C.P. Radhakrishnan’s residence in Chennai

India News

Hoax bomb threat to Vice President C.P. Radhakrishnan’s residence in Chennai

Times Desk
Last updated: October 17, 2025 7:41 am
Times Desk
Published: October 17, 2025
Share
SHARE


C.P. Radhakrishnan. File

C.P. Radhakrishnan. File
| Photo Credit: ANI

An anonymous email was sent claiming that a bomb had been planted at the Mylapore residence of Vice President of India C.P. Radhakrishnan. The police swiftly responded, securing the area and carrying out extensive searches. No explosive was found on the premises, and authorities later declared the threat a hoax.

According to police sources, the threat was sent to the official email ID of Tamil Nadu DGP on Thursday (October 16, 2025) evening and specifically referred to the Vice President’s Mylapore property. Immediately after receipt of the information, the Security Branch of Greater Chennai City Police, along with the personnel from the Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad (BDDS) and local police, rushed to the address mentioned by the sender.

Investigators discovered that the house had not been in use for some time. A senior police officer said the sender also mentioned one more location in Coimbatore. The police personnel, as a precautionary measure, also conducted search operations at Mr. Radhakrishnan’s current residence in Mylapore. Both locations were declared safe after thorough checks by the bomb disposal and dog squads.

The incident adds to a growing number of hoax bomb threats delivered via email in Chennai, targeting VIPs, schools, media outlets, IT firms, and other institutions.

Published – October 17, 2025 01:11 pm IST



Source link

2020 Delhi riots case: Supreme Court issues notice to Delhi Police on Tasleem Ahmed’s bail plea
Poultry sector feels heat as birds keep falling dead
Cabinet gives approval to 57 new Kendriya Vidyalayas
Woman sentenced to life imprisonment for killing infant son in Kannur
Vetlapalem firecracker unit blast toll rises to 22, two brothers taken into custody
TAGGED:C.P. RadhakrishnanC.P. Radhakrishnan bomb threathoax bomb threat
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Minister inspects restored Mordhana dam after it reaches capacity

Times Desk
Times Desk
October 8, 2025
The monsoon beats a menacing retreat in Marathwada
A.P. govt. has procured 8.22 lakh metric tonnes of paddy, says Minister
Indian Navy awards ADITI 3.0 contract for HPM system to Tonbo Imaging
Parents, students take out rally in Ballari opposing magnet schools
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?