By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: UNSC sanctions report says Red Fort attack ‘officially attributed’ to Al-Qaeda in Indian Subcontinent
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » UNSC sanctions report says Red Fort attack ‘officially attributed’ to Al-Qaeda in Indian Subcontinent

India News

UNSC sanctions report says Red Fort attack ‘officially attributed’ to Al-Qaeda in Indian Subcontinent

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: August 13, 2026 12:22 pm
India Times Now Desk
Published: August 13, 2026
Share
SHARE


A deadly and high-intensity explosion had rocked the Red Fort area in New Delhi, killing about 15 people and injuring many more. The explosion had ripped through a slow-moving car at a traffic signal near the Red Fort metro station. File.

A deadly and high-intensity explosion had rocked the Red Fort area in New Delhi, killing about 15 people and injuring many more. The explosion had ripped through a slow-moving car at a traffic signal near the Red Fort metro station. File.
| Photo Credit: PTI

The Red Fort terror attack in New Delhi in November last year has been “officially attributed” to Al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS), according to a new report from a UN Security Council body monitoring counter-terrorism sanctions.

A deadly and high-intensity explosion had rocked the Red Fort area in New Delhi, killing about 15 people and injuring many more. The explosion had ripped through a slow-moving car at a traffic signal near the Red Fort metro station.

The report, published on Monday (August 10, 2026), said that “AQIS continued to evolve from a fragmented group into a regional terrorist entity.”

“AQIS established logistics and financial networks, working in decentralised small, scattered cells instead of large units. The attack in November 2025 on the Red Fort in Delhi was officially attributed to AQIS,” the 38th report of the Analytical Support and Sanctions Monitoring Team submitted to the Security Council 1267 Sanctions Committee concerning ISIL and Al-Qaeda said.

Also read: UNSC panel notes Pak-based terror group JeM’s reported link to Red Fort attack

The report added that there was some concern about “AQIS trying to exploit Bangladesh to establish cells there.”

The report further said that Al-Qaeda and ISIL (Da’esh) have shown a sustained interest over many years in developing chemical and biological weapons but so far have failed to overcome the associated technical challenges. Instructions on how to develop such weapons have been shared widely within online terrorist communities.

“For example, in February, ISIL (Da’esh)’s English-language Invade magazine included instructions on how to develop botulinum toxin and cyanide,” it said.

ISIL-K has shown a “particular interest and, over the past 12 months, circulated instructions on developing the toxin ricin. At the end of 2025, Indian authorities arrested three people, including a doctor, who had been tasked by an ISIL (Da’esh) cell abroad to develop ricin.” The report further said that regional tensions in South Asia remained “high” as cross-border attacks between Pakistan and Afghanistan continued.

The Taliban continued publicly to deny harbouring any terrorist groups. Member States expressed concern that the conflict could create opportunities for terrorist groups, generating additional security challenges for the region.

“The terrorist threat emanating from Afghanistan remained largely unchanged. The ability of numerous terrorist groups to operate in Afghanistan constituted an enduring threat to neighbouring countries and the Central Asian region. Despite efforts by the de facto authorities to combat Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant-Khorasan and contain other terrorist groups, the authorities were unable to suppress the terrorist problem,” it said.

The report also pointed out that on December 25 last year, following its annual rahbari shura (leadership council), Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) “announced a revised structure with two new divisions covering: (a) Balochistan and the central region; and (b) Kashmir and the division of Gilgit. The restructuring included a new division described as the TTP Air Force.”

Published – August 13, 2026 05:52 pm IST



Source link

KSRTC driver booked for assaulting elderly passenger
Andhra Pradesh Agriculture Department, India Post tie up to ferry seed and fertiliser samples securely
India set to emerge as world’s third-largest economy: Union Minister Pralhad Joshi
Youths booked for ‘attempting’ to drive car into building Secretariat
Karnataka Budget 2026: Highlights – The Hindu
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News
BusinessStartup

Infosys Dividend 2025: IT giant announces dividend of Rs 23, net profit jumps 13.2% YoY

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
October 16, 2025
Villagers ‘resisted’ smugglers from Bangladesh, says India after Dhaka condemns death of Bangladesh citizens in Tripura
Kaantha movie: Release date, cast and all you need to know about Dulquer Salmaan and Bhagyashri Borse’s film
T.N. records lowest increase in votes polled during Assembly elections over the last 15 years
Odisha Assembly clears Bill to implement threefold hike in salary, pension for MLAs
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?