By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Two dead, several feared trapped as three-storey building collapses in Rajasthan’s Kota
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Two dead, several feared trapped as three-storey building collapses in Rajasthan’s Kota

India News

Two dead, several feared trapped as three-storey building collapses in Rajasthan’s Kota

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: February 7, 2026 6:57 pm
India Times Now Desk
Published: February 7, 2026
Share
SHARE


A three-storey building collapsed in Rajasthan’s Kota on Saturday, February 7, 2026, night.

A three-storey building collapsed in Rajasthan’s Kota on Saturday, February 7, 2026, night.
| Photo Credit: ANI

At least two people were killed and several others were feared trapped when a three-storey building collapsed in Rajasthan’s Kota on Saturday night (February 7, 2026), officials said.

The incident occurred in the Talwandi area, where a restaurant was operating in the building. Police and rescue teams rushed to the spot and launched a rescue operation.

Calling it a “major accident”, Rajasthan Cabinet Minister Madan Dilawar said, “There is information of two deaths so far, and nine people were hospitalised. Four of them are still in the hospital, while around four have either shifted to a private hospital or gone home.” The cause of the collapse is being investigated, and a rescue operation is underway, he added.

According to initial information, some customers and employees were present in the restaurant at the time of the collapse.

Local MLA Sandeep Sharma, who reached the spot soon after the incident, said the building collapsed suddenly and there was a possibility that more people were trapped under the debris.

“Rescue operations are underway and some people have been pulled out,” he said.

Earlier, District Collector Piyush Samaria told reporters that teams were deployed immediately after the collapse.

“We received information about the building collapse, and rescue operations were started without delay. Five people have been rescued and shifted to the hospital so far. At this stage, it is not possible to confirm how many people are still trapped,” he said.

Published – February 07, 2026 11:13 pm IST



Source link

Kerala HC rejects plea to dismiss financial fraud case
B-SMILE drafts DPRs for 13 elevated corridors in Bengaluru worth ₹18,000 cr.
Narcotics Control Bureau busts pan-India LSD distribution network
Bengaluru city corporations allocate major share of budget for road infrastructure improvement with key focus on road widening
Centre says NSA affords it power to shift Wangchuk to Rajasthan; he was treated fairly
TAGGED:building collapses in Rajasthan's Kotakota building collapsepeople trapped Rajasthan's Kota building collapse
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

T.N. Assembly election: collateral-free education loans, unemployment allowance, and incentives for firms that employ 75% Tamil workers figure among TVK’s poll promises

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
March 29, 2026
Ease of Doing Business: Kerala retains best performer tag
PWD installs additional borewell in Walajah court after water crisis disrupts proceedings
Trial in Renukaswamy murder case to begin today
Datia bypoll: BJP denies ticket to Narottam Mishra, fields Ashutosh Tiwari
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?