By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Four Maoists surrender in Chhattisgarh’s Sukma
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Four Maoists surrender in Chhattisgarh’s Sukma

India News

Four Maoists surrender in Chhattisgarh’s Sukma

Times Desk
Last updated: January 30, 2026 7:02 am
Times Desk
Published: January 30, 2026
Share
SHARE


File photo of Inspector General of Police, Bastar Range, P. Sundarraj

File photo of Inspector General of Police, Bastar Range, P. Sundarraj
| Photo Credit: PTI

Four Maoists, including two women, carrying cumulative rewards of ₹8 lakh, surrendered along with their weapons in Chhattisgarh’s Sukma district on Friday (January 30, 2026), a senior police official said.

The cadres, who belonged to the Kistaram area committee of the south Bastar division of Maoists, turned themselves in here under the state’s ‘Poona Margem (from rehabilitation to social reintegration) initiative, Inspector General of Police, Bastar Range, Sundarraj P said.

The Maoists told the police that they were impressed by the State government’s surrender and rehabilitation policy, he said.

Of the surrendered cadres, Sodhi Joga, an area committee member, carried a reward of ₹5 lakh. The others, Dabar Ganga, alias Madkam Ganga, Sodhi Raje, and Madvi Budhari, carried a bounty of ₹1 lakh each, he said.

They also handed over one Insas rifle, a Single Loading Rifle (SLR), one .303 rifle and a .315 rifle, and ammunition, he said, adding that police from Sukma district and Alluri Sitarama Raju district (Andhra Pradesh) played a key role in their surrender.

The newly established security camps in the Kistaram and Golapalli areas of Sukma, improved road connectivity, and the success of continuous and effective anti-Naxal operations have resulted in frequent surrender of cadres in the region, he said.

These security camps have helped curb Maoist activities, and their area of free movement has been significantly reduced, he said.

The surrendered cadres will be provided with rehabilitation, financial assistance, and other facilities as per government policy, he added.

Sukma Superintendent of Police Kiran Chavan appealed to all the remaining Maoist cadres active in the area to give up violence, assuring them that the government would provide them security and a dignified life.

With this surrender, over 200 Maoists have laid down arms so far this year in the state.

On January 15, as many as 52 Maoists surrendered in neighbouring Bijapur district. More than 1,500 Maoists joined the mainstream in the State in 2025.

The Centre has resolved to eliminate Maoism from the country by March 31 this year.

Published – January 30, 2026 12:31 pm IST



Source link

Fire breaks out at pharma facility at Kannettumukku
New pathways to end extreme poverty
Bus driver held on charge of assaulting man who questioned high beam light
Watch: Where do India-Afghanistan ties stand under Taliban rule?
Honours sentiments of people on Diwali: Delhi CM on SC nod for green firecrackers
TAGGED:four Maoists surrender in Chhattisgarh's Sukmafour Maoists surrender in Sukmagovernment ongoing efforts to curb Maoist activitiessurrendered Maoists cite state rehabilitation policies
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Communication of grounds of arrest in writing in accused’s language is a must: Supreme Court

Times Desk
Times Desk
November 6, 2025
APFT urges government to announce 30% IR for State employees, teachers
Protest brews among football fans over damage to EMS Corporation Stadium
Aamir Khan triggers language controversy with ‘Yeh Maharashtra hai bhai’ remark | Watch video
Operation Sindoor: IAF achieved air superiority over Pakistan by May 10, says Swiss Defence think tank
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?