By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Congress questions Maharashtra government’s investment claims at Davos
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Congress questions Maharashtra government’s investment claims at Davos

India News

Congress questions Maharashtra government’s investment claims at Davos

Times Desk
Last updated: January 24, 2026 3:43 am
Times Desk
Published: January 24, 2026
Share
SHARE


Congress leader Atul Londhe addresses the press on January 23, 2026. Source:X/Atul Londhe

Congress leader Atul Londhe addresses the press on January 23, 2026. Source:X/Atul Londhe

The Congress on Friday (January 23, 2026) questioned the Maharashtra government’s claims regarding the scale of investments secured during Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis’ recent visit to the World Economic Forum meeting in Davos, asking how much of the promised investment over the last two years had actually translated into projects and jobs on the ground.

At a press conference, Maharashtra Congress spokesperson Atul Londhe Patil took exception to the government’s assertion that Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) worth ₹30 lakh crore had been signed during the visit. He sought details on the companies that entered into the agreements, including whether they were publicly listed, registered, and financially capable of honouring their commitments.

“I have information that 70% to 80% of these companies are not listed at all,” he said, questioning their ability to invest at the scale claimed by the State government.

Questioning past claims

He pointed out that similar claims had been made in the previous two years as well. In 2023-24, when the State was headed by Eknath Shinde, MoUs worth ₹3.6 lakh crore were announced, while in 2024-25, the Fadnavis government claimed investment commitments of ₹15 lakh crore. “With the addition of the ₹30 lakh crore announced this year, the total promised investment over three years comes to nearly ₹50 lakh crore,” he said.

“Where is the investment on the ground?” Mr. Patil asked, alleging that the announcements had neither resulted in actual industrial activity nor generated employment. He argued that the claimed figure was roughly equivalent to Maharashtra’s gross domestic product. “If this were true, the government could have cleared the State’s ₹10 lakh crore debt, waived farmers’ loans, and implemented the ₹2,100 monthly assistance promised to women before the Assembly election,” he said.

Accusing the Chief Minister of misleading the public, Mr. Patil alleged that some MoUs were inherently implausible. Citing one instance, he said a group with a net worth of ₹4,500 crore had promised investments of ₹45,000 crore. “How is that possible?” he asked.

He also questioned the status of the Magnetic Maharashtra summit, asking whether it had been sidelined in favour of other investment events.

Published – January 24, 2026 09:13 am IST



Source link

Severe respiratory and cardiac cases push treatment costs up 11%: Report
Bollywood and Punjabi singer Praak gets ₹10 crore ransom threat, Dilnoor files police complaint
Second FIR against Embassy Group for illegal tree felling in Kadugodi forest
Birth anniversary of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj celebrated in Ongole
Assam Assembly elections 2026: full schedule
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News
EntertainmentMovieMusic

Four More Shots Please Season 4 trailer out: Final season dives into personal battles | Watch

Times Desk
Times Desk
December 12, 2025
RJD bagged Bihar CM candidate post from Congress at gunpoint, alleges PM Modi
Bigg Boss 19: Mika Singh takes a dig at Kunickaa Sadanand, Kumar Sanu’s past relationship
Two arrested for teenager’s murder
Bullet Train progress: Tunnelling work completed for five-km tunnel
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?