By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Kogilu Layout demolitions: Karnataka Deputy CM counters Kerala CM’s ‘bulldozer raj’ charge, calls remarks ‘election gimmick’
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Kogilu Layout demolitions: Karnataka Deputy CM counters Kerala CM’s ‘bulldozer raj’ charge, calls remarks ‘election gimmick’

India News

Kogilu Layout demolitions: Karnataka Deputy CM counters Kerala CM’s ‘bulldozer raj’ charge, calls remarks ‘election gimmick’

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: December 27, 2025 11:28 am
India Times Now Desk
Published: December 27, 2025
Share
SHARE


Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister D.K. Shivakumar said the Karnataka government was protecting government land in the heart of Bengaluru. File.

Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister D.K. Shivakumar said the Karnataka government was protecting government land in the heart of Bengaluru. File.
| Photo Credit: PTI

Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister D.K. Shivakumar on Saturday (December 27, 2025) hit back at Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan for criticising the demolition drive in Kogilu Layout, terming the remarks as “unnecessary interference” made without understanding the facts. He described the comment as a “gimmick in view of upcoming Kerala elections”.

Responding to Mr. Vijayan’s statement that the demolition of houses in Faqir Colony and parts of Waseem Layout reflected the normalisation of “bulldozer raj”, Mr. Shivakumar said the land cleared by government agencies was an encroached solid waste dumping site and posed health hazards to residents in the area.

Mr. Vijayan’s statement followed the Bengaluru Solid Waste Management Limited (BSWML) along with the police demolishing over 150 houses in Kogilu Layout, Yelahanka, on December 20, leaving nearly 500 people homeless. Since then, the affected families have been living near the demolished site without any accommodation. 

“It is unfortunate that senior leaders like Pinarayi Vijayan have commented on this without knowing the facts. The land was a solid waste pit, and there are many health related problems there. We also have humanity, and we gave the occupants an opportunity to move to other places,” Mr. Shivakumar said while speaking to reporters at his Sadashivanagar residence.

Opposing the allegation of “bulldozer culture”, Mr. Shivkumar said the Karnataka government was only protecting government land in the heart of the city. “We don’t have a bulldozer culture. I appeal to him not to talk like that. The land mafia often creates slums to later encroach upon land, and we will not allow that,” he said.

The Deputy Chief Minister asserted that the issue has nothing to do with minorities. He reiterated that the genuine beneficiaries would be provided housing elsewhere. “If there are eligible people, we are ready to provide houses under the Rajiv Gandhi housing scheme. Our government has built lakhs of houses for the poor,” he added.

“Whoever lives in Karnataka with valid documents will be provided necessary support. We have instructed officials to give out clear instructions regarding this,” Mr. Shivakumar said.

Published – December 27, 2025 04:58 pm IST



Source link

Work on modern bus terminus in Ambur begins
Man arrested for selling painkiller tablets as drugs to students
State Budget presented at ‘auspicious’ time owing to pressure from officers and family, admits CM
Kerala’s LSGD orders Kochi Corporation to earmark 1 acre at Brahmapuram for regional sanitary waste incineration facility
All States can now constitute Foreigners Tribunals
TAGGED:Bengaluru Kogilu Layout demolitionsKarnataka Deputy CM DK ShivakumarKerala CM bulldozer justice remarkKogilu Layout demolitions
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Union Minister Varma lays stone for dialysis unit in Tadepallugudem

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
May 18, 2026
Punyam Poonkavanam returns to Sabarimala after senior IPS officer P. Vijayan gets clean chit
PM Modi marching to ‘environmental disaster’ in Great Nicobar: Congress
Government plans to raise income limit for post-matric scholarship for SCs, OBCs, DNTs from 26-27 onwards
Left parties stage protest, oppose cargo airport in Uddanam
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?