By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Two Maoists surrender in Madhya Pradesh’s Balaghat; police claim region now Naxal free
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Two Maoists surrender in Madhya Pradesh’s Balaghat; police claim region now Naxal free

India News

Two Maoists surrender in Madhya Pradesh’s Balaghat; police claim region now Naxal free

Times Desk
Last updated: December 11, 2025 4:41 pm
Times Desk
Published: December 11, 2025
Share
SHARE


Two wanted Maoists carrying a cumulative reward of ₹43 lakh surrendered on Thursday (December 11, 2025) in Balaghat, Madhya Pradesh. Police say that with this, the region was free of Maoists.

The development comes just days after 10 Maoists laid down their arms at a ceremony attended by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Mohan Yadav in Balaghat.

Deepak alias Chhota Deepak and Rohit surrendered at a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) camp at Korka in Lanji area of the district, Shiyaz K.M., Commandant of the elite police unit, the Hawk Force, told The Hindu.

Mr. Shiyaz stated that the two individuals were part of the GRB (Gondia, Rajnandgaon, Balaghat) Division of the Maharashtra-Madhya Pradesh-Chhattisgarh (MMC) Special Zone of the banned Communist Party of India (Maoist) and operated with the Malajkhand Dalam group. 

Last of active Maoists

While Deepak was an additional committee member (ACM) of the CPI (M), Rohit was a regular cadre, and both worked with Ramder alias Soma, a senior Maoist leader and a central committee member (CCM) who surrendered in Chhattisgarh on Monday, he said.

“Before Ramder’s surrender, the two parted ways as they wanted to surrender here in Balaghat. Deepak was the last of three active Maoists who hail from the district and was also their local support, as he has family here. The other two have already surrendered in Chhattisgarh,” Mr. Shiyaz said, adding that there is no active Maoist left in the region. 

Deepak is a resident of Palagondi in Balaghat, he said. While he carried a reward of ₹29 lakh for information on him, Rohit had a bounty of ₹14 lakh on him.

Earlier on December 7, 10 Maoists of the KB (Kanha-Bhoramdeo) Division, including four women, surrendered arms before Mr. Yadav, who in turn handed them copies of the Constitution. The 10 carried a cumulative bounty of ₹2.36 crore.

Published – December 11, 2025 10:11 pm IST



Source link

FICCI Ladies Organisation opens a 50-acre industrial park in Gauribidanur
Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah rejects power-sharing talk, ‘will serve full five-year term’
KIFF centenary tributes: Bengal’s film fraternity hails Ritwik Ghatak as ‘voice of Partition, pioneer of alternative cinema’
RMC’s ₹767 crore budget for 2026-27 approved
Haryana Congress announces candidates, BJP holds back-to-back meetings
TAGGED:Deepak alias Chhota Deepak maoist madhya pradeshmadhya pradesh balaghat maoist surrendermaoist surrendermaoist surrender in madhya pradesh
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Mumbai marks 26/11 anniversary as leaders reiterate zero tolerance for terror

Times Desk
Times Desk
November 26, 2025
FIR filed against SS Rajamouli over his controversial statement on Lord Hanuman at Varanasi event
Traffic fine link fraud: Bengaluru techie loses ₹1.1 lakh from credit card
Is stock market open today for usual trading? Check full details here
BJP councillor’s death: Kerala Cooperation dept’s Vigilance wing starts inquiry into Valiyasala Farm Tour Society
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?